➳ Fourteen.

I walked around the compound for what felt like hours looking for Eric, he just disappeared. So here I sat, with my legs dangling over the chasm once more. Eric always seems to show up when I'm here, that's what my mindset was at this point.

"You're not going to jump are you?" I heard footsteps approach me and for a second excitement rushed over me, but the voice did not match his. I turn around to see a young women standing with her hands on her hips. Her hair was brightly colored and tattoos covered her figure.

"Well are you? Cause technically I'm not supposed to let that happen but-"

"No," I cut her off, "I'm not going to jump."

She shrugs her shoulders, turns to look around and then takes a seat beside me. "What's your name, transfer?"

"Rosemary," my voice is filled with confusion. Like I didn't even know what my name was anymore.

"Rosemary, huh? I'm Glimmer." I stick my hand out for her to shake, considering that's more Dauntless, but Glimmer declines it.

Instead she wraps her arms around me and hugs me tightly. "One thing Dauntless can't take away from me is my amity hugs," she says when she lets go.

"You're from amity too?" I ask and she nods.

"It's a hard transition, but not impossible. Let me tell you..." As Glimmer speaks, I begin to study her features. Her tan skin was accompanied by million of little freckles, her honey eyes were beautifully plain, and her natural face proved she still had amity in her. My eyes then wondered to the small piercings above her eye- Eric.

"Hello? Rosemary?" I look back up to her concerning eyes.

"I have to- to go find someone," I jump up from my spot, Glimmer following me.

"Who? Maybe I can help?" I shake my head violently.

"I can't tell you but-"

"You're looking for Eric, aren't you?" I stop in my tracks at the sound of those words.

"No, that's silly I-"

"So you're the girl who's tamed Eric's heart?" She looks at me with cold eyes.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I say quietly.

"You know I tried so hard to get on that side of Eric, but I finally came to the conclusion that he wasn't lovable. So, I stayed in the friend zone. Than I hear about this girl who's so amazing and all that jazz, and I don't know whether to be happy or not." Glimmer stops for a second before walking closer to me, for a second I think she's going to hit me.

"But now that I met you, even tho it hasn't been long, I realized," she paused for a second.

"That even a person as cold as Eric deserves someone to love, even if that person isn't me."

__________________________

Glimmer showed me where she thought Eric could be, in the library. I was surprised to hear that one of those were even in the Dauntless compound.

"He usually came here when he was upset," Glimmer explained to me as we walked. She then stopped in front of a door I had never seen before, inside the room was dark. How was anyone supposed to see in there?

"Thank you," I say to her as I stared in the room in search for a sign of life.

"No problem and Rosemary?" I gave her my full attention.

"If you ever need anyone to hang out with, find me." Normally I wouldn't have taken this offer due to the fact that she had feelings for Eric, but something in her eyes seemed sincere.

"Thank you Glimmer, I'd like that a lot." And with that she was gone.

Leaving me alone to the dark room ahead.

_________________________

"Eric?" I called out quietly.

This room was creepy and felt more like a morgue than an actual library. There were books though, tons of books that looked as if they've never been opened. My fingers roam the spine of each book, eventually getting covered in the dust that lied in them. This is extraordinary, I think to myself.

"What are you doing in here?" I jump around to see Eric sitting on the floor, books surrounding him.

"I was looking for you," I say matter of factly, "Glimmer said you'd be here."

He tenses up at the name, but says nothing. Instead he pats on the floor next to him, indicating for me to go sit. I take the seat the lean my head against his shoulder, his arm wrapped around my waist.

"I'm sorry about punching your friend," he mumbles into my hair.

"I don't think I have any friends," my voice is airy and soft.

"You have me and ... well Four if you want to count him," his last few words are barely audible and I laugh.

"You're not my friend, you're like a-"

"A what?" He cuts me off. My face begins to redden as he stares at me with a playful smirk on his face.

"I don't know, a- uh- forget what I said." I say quickly before my face turns any redder, but Eric won't let it go.

"I can't."

"Yes, you can."

"What if I don't want to?"

"You're going to have-" my words are cut off by Eric's lips crashing on mine, and I don't hesitate to kiss back. We must've been so into the moment, because neither one of us heard the door opening or the footsteps walking in.

"What is this?" We both stop to look at the booming voice that interrupted us.

"Shit," Eric and I whisper at the same time when we realize who it is.

_________________________

@yellabambi is who plays Glimmer

__________________________