➳ seven.

"Yo, Rosie over here!"

I look over to see Elijah yelling my name and pointing to the seat in front of him, right next to Four. Making my way over there, I look over my shoulder to see Eric walking in shortly after me. He glances my way and heads to the leaders table, not acknowledging me any further.

"Hey guys." I say and plop into my seat. Looking at the trays I see chicken and vegetables, my favorite.

"Hungry, are we?" Four asks while I fill my tray.

"Training has me hungrier than ever," I turn towards Ellie," how's training?"

"Hard." Is all she responds with and with that she gets up and walks away.

I begin to follow her, but Elijah tugs at my arm. "Don't worry I got it."

I sit down confused by what just happened. Did I do something wrong? Or ask the wrong question? The thought of Ellie being mad at me takes over my brain and suddenly I'm not hungry anymore.

"Don't stress about it she's probably just worried about the fights tomorrow." Four says casually, with his hand on my back.

"I know but- wait there's fights tomorrow? I thought we'd wait longer?"

"This is basically a practice run, still counts, but not as important."

I sight. Great, one more thing to worry about.

___________________________

"Rise and shine initiates! Training room in thirty."

I groan at the sound of Four, sure I can wake up early, but today is fighting. How well can an ex Amity actually do? I lay in bed for a few more minutes before getting dressed and heading to the training room. I look over to Elijah to see him walking with Ellie, it's like they forgot about me.

"Alright, everyone look at the board," Eric says while pointing to it," this is who you'll be fighting."

"First jumper, in the ring first." Fours yells.

Shit, that's me. I walk over slowly while taking at glance at the board, Taylor. That's who I'm fighting. I keep walking and then stopped by Eric, who has a tight grip on my arm.

"Remember what I said." I just nod.

Taylor gets into the ring with me and we both put our hands up, she doesn't look like a tough opponent. But then again, neither do I.

"Fights continue until someone concedes," Four explains," Begin!"

We start to circle around each other, neither one of us striking. This goes on for about a minute before Taylor takes a swing at me, I dodge it. Remembering what Eric said, I take at hit at her throats and she's down. She quickly gets back up and launches at me, but I'm quicker. I throw another punch and hit her square in the jaw, again she's in the ground.

"Come on, Rosie finish her." I hear Eric mumble and I try to, but I don't.

"Concede." I whisper to Taylor, so only she can hear. She shakes her head.

I hit her in the ribs and she yelps, than reaches for my hair. I let out a scream and naturally elbowed her in the face, she's bleeding. I study her face then and I realize how beautiful she is. Her skin is pale and million of grackles cover it, and her eyes are the brightest green I have ever seen.

She covers her bloody nose with her hand and lunges towards me. I knock her out from under her feet and go for the kill, but-

"Stop! Stop, I concede." She yells.

"Winner is Rosemary", Fours yells and holds up my hand," congratulations."

I smile and go over to help Taylor up, I began feeling guilty as I look at her bleeding face. She rejects my help and images goes to stand by Ellie, who still isn't talking to me.

"Meet me by the chasm after supper." A cold voice says and shivers are being sent down my spine, Eric.

What could he want this time?