➳ Twelve.

The morning of the beginning of the second part of training was quiet, too quiet. Almost like everyone knew it was going to be absolutely terrifying. I was currently sat in a doctor-like waiting room, looking around nervously as each person was called. The door swings open and out comes a crying Ellie. I wanted more than anything to reach out and comfort her, but the sound of Four's voice stopped me.

"Rosemary, you're up". I get up to face Four, who gestures me into a room where a big chair waited for me. I sat and watched as he hooked me up to the machine next to it.

"Today we are going to be going through your fear landscape. Overcoming your fears is one way to secure your spot in Dauntless. Any questions?" He has a stern look on his face.

I tried to hike back the one question I already knew the answer to, but the words still slipped from my mouth.

"Who is we?" A smirk forms on Four's face and he begins to open his mouth, but stops when the door opens. I lift my head from the chair and see an tired Eric walk through the door.

He notices the smirk of on Four's face, "Can we start now?" He asks annoyed.

"Alright Rosemary," Four gave me the serum shot and leans into a whisper, "Be brave."

The last thing I see is a concerned Eric before my mind wanders off.

___________________________

I jerk awake on a cold, concrete floor. I can't see anything around me, that's how dark it is. My heart starts to race at the unfamiliarity and darkness of the room. Suddenly, the sound of loud scratches fill the room. I get up on my feet, but quickly fall back to the ground. The scratching becomes louder and I try to use my voice to signal help, but nothing comes out. Screams begin to fill the air and I sink into a cradled position, my hands covering my ear.

'You're okay.' I begin to repeat in my mind. After what feels like hours, all the sound stop and the room is filled with a bright light.

Expect it isn't s room. Now, I am at the farm in Amity. A sense of happiness begins to come to me as I walk around the compound. I spot a old tree I used to climb as a kid and don't hesitate to bring myself up it. My hands begin to ache as I climb higher to the top, but I don't slow down. Soon enough, I'm at the very top of the tree looking all around the Amity compound. It's peaceful being up here, seeing the beautiful view makes the climb worth it.

I look look down to see a small bird calling for its mother, than up to see the momma bird doing the same. I carefully place my foot on the lower branch to coax the baby toward me, except it comes almost voluntarily. Once I'm secured, I climb up one beach to put it in its best.

'Shit,' I mumble as I realize that I'm not tall enough. I look down to see another, not so trusting branch, to step on. I use it anyways. Stretching my arms the bird slowly crawls into the nest and I feel accomplished. I'm just about to cheer to myself, when I hear the sound of cracking. I look down to see the old branch crumble beneath me.

And I fall.

__________________________

I let out a gasp once the simulation is over, Four is right by my side.

"Where's Eric?" Four's face turns sour at my question.

"He left," he says quietly.

"Oh, so how'd I do?" My voice is cheery and I don't know why. I mean I just went through some of my words fears.

"You did good, better than most." I gave him a nod and looked down at my feet. Why did Eric leave?

"Well, I'm going to go" I jump from my seat and head towards the door.

"Rosemary," I stop to look at Four, "Be careful."

_________________________

I walked around the Dauntless compound with my mind set on finding Eric. Where could he be?

"Rosemary!" I turn to see Elijah calling my name, and I wanted so bad to run away.

But he was already by my side, "Hey Elijah."

"Hey, what are up doing?" I look down at my hands, who were fumbling with each other.

"Going to-" I stop once I see Eric. He was walking towards a door I've never been through and his eyes were on mine. He gently nods his head towards the door and I instantly get what he's saying.

"Rosemary?" I turn my attention back to Elijah.

"I-uh- am." I can't think of anything to say.

"Am going over there," I go towards the door but Elijah's body stops me.

"What you're doing isn't right," he whispers to me and walks away.

What is talking about?

Than I remember where I'm going, he knows about Eric.