Domestic - Canon AU

"Baby? We should go to a party tonight," Harry says as he sits down on the couch next to Zayn and buries his face in Zayn's shoulder. He takes a deep breath, inhaling the distinct smell he loves so much. Zayn's cologne, an underlining of cigarettes, the detergent that's the same on both of their clothes.
"Hm," Zayn hums, not lifting his eyes from his phone screen. "What kinda party?"
"Quite a fancy one. A lot of famous people."
"I don't really feel like doing... all that tonight. Maybe we should just stay in, yeah?" Zayn says and looks at Harry, bringing his hand up to Harry's face and tucking a stay curl behind his ear.
"It's Beyoncé's party," Harry tries, knowing Zayn well enough to not have too much hope about this. Zayn's in sweatpants and a T-shirt, his hair soft and lying on his forehead, there's no chance he's just going to get ready and mingle all night with A-listers. There's also this telltale look in his eyes that Harry's seen too many times, the one where Zayn's begging him to cuddle and snog in the comfort of their own home without even using words.
"Babe...," Zayn sighs and yup, Harry lost this battle. If Beyoncé isn't going to make Zayn go out tonight, Harry's planned promises of a blowjob at the toilets there and riding his dick at home when they get back surely aren't going to have bigger bargaining power.
"Love, it's Beyoncé," Harry tries again with a hopeful smile. Zayn just smiles at him, this almost sad quirk of his lips and places his hand on Harry's cheek.
"I know she's the best performer of all times, but trust me baby, this isn't the last time you'll have the chance to meet her," Zayn says softly, his thumb caressing Harry's cheekbone.
Harry grabs Zayn's hand on his cheek and squeezes it gently. "She'll probably be busy anyways. She's the host after all."
Not pleased with the situation, Harry lies his head in Zayn's lap and pulls his own phone out. Zayn's hand finds its way to Harry's messy curls right away and any other time, Harry would find it comforting but now he's mildly annoyed.
"What's so interesting on your phone anyways?" Harry asks after a moment of quiet. "D'you find a girlfriend? Are you exchanging nudes with someone?"
"Harry!" Zayn gasps and laughs in disbelief. Harry scowls up at him from his lap.
"Baby, how could you think that? I'm texting my sisters in our group chat." Zayn says and shakes his head like it's the most obvious thing in the universe. "You wanna see?"
Harry just shakes his head. "No."
He goes back to his phone, scrolling through his Instagram feed mindlessly when he feels Zayn's hand on his cheek, gently tapping the skin so Harry will look up at him. He does and finds Zayn's beautiful, beautiful eyes staring at him.
"What?" Harry frowns.
"Baby, if you got like... a personal invite from Beyoncé herself, we can go. Of course, we can. I just assumed that it's one of those huge industry parties where you rarely even see the host. And you know I don't like to bother with those parties."
Harry averts his gaze, Zayn's hand now in his hair again. "No, I don't. I wanted to call Jeff so he'd get us in. I know that some people from my label are going like that."
"Oh," is all Zayn says to that.
"We never go out, Zayn," Harry says quietly, trying not to sound accusatory. "I just thought that you'd go since it's Beyoncé after all. It's be nice to show off my boyfriend once in a while."
"Babe..." Zayn starts but Harry doesn't let him finish.
He sits up with a sigh and grabs Zayn's hand in his. "I know, okay? I know you hate these things but sometimes... I just want us to go out and have fun. Okay, I know we do go out quite a lot, but not to these kind of things. People who don't read tabloids and haven't seen pap pics of us don't even know we're together. I just... don't wanna be hiding out in our apartment with you all the time. I wanna have fun with you, go out and get drunk at a party, come home stumbling while kissing and that stuff. We're not married with babies yet, love. And we're not old either."
Harry's heart is fluttering in his chest as loud as a fucking festival because the last thing he wants is to make Zayn feel guilty for not going out like this or make him feel obliged to go when he doesn't feel like going, when he can't go.
"Baby, it's..." Zayn starts. "It's fine. I don't like these things with strangers and fake smiles but I don't mind them that much when I'm with you. Just... next time tell me at least a day ahead, yeah? And we'll go to any party you want. As long as we stay in the following night and not see a single human being."
Harry laughs sincerely, his chest feeling a million pounds lighter. He can't help himself so he grabs Zayn's face and quickly kisses him before pulling away, the smile still on his face. "We'll do just that. One night is a party night and the next one is just for us. It's a deal, love."
They kiss again, Harry wrapping his arms around Zayn's neck while Zayn puts his hands on Harry's hips. It's not heated, rushed in a way that's just a preface to fucking. Every long kiss is languid, almost lazy.
"You know," Harry says breathlessly after a few minutes. "You know there's not much I love more than snogging you but we should do something effective with our time if we're staying home tonight. How about we write a song together?"
Zayn laughs into Harry's neck and leaves a small kiss there. "And how about we just chill and watch a movie? Comes with a lot of things songwriting doesn't. For example snogging. Or you know, I could eat you out on the sofa. Haven't done that in a while."
"You've made quite a compelling case there, mister," Harry smirks. "Fine but I get to choose the movie."
"You're being quite selfish today, baby," Zayn says but his hands on Harry's arse don't really indicate that he's complaining.
"Am I? Haven't noticed," Harry smiles as he gets up from the sofa. "I'll get the DVD."
"DVD? Haz, the snogging is off. I'm not kissing a grandpa."
"Shut up or I won't ride you like I intended to."
"Okay."
After three rom-coms, two of which made Harry cry, and them fucking on their sofa, Harry quietly says into Zayn's chest "I'm quite glad we stayed home. I love you."
Zayn, who was drawing random patterns on Harry's back with his fingers kisses the top of Harry's head and whispers "I love you too." into Harry's hair.
Even though earlier in the night Harry wanted to let his inner social butterfly fly and soar in the great field of an industry party, staying home with his boyfriend and watching movies while kissing and cuddling was maybe better than partying with Beyoncé. After all, Beyoncé wouldn't eat him out and tell him she loved him.