Starter Sentence Prompt - College Late Night Radio AU

(this one is from my Tumblr as well)

"Are you wearing a shirt?" Harry starts, squinting at Zayn's attire suspiciously. "That is, in fact, my shirt?"

Zayn looks down at the Pink Floyd shirt he's wearing. "Uh, yeah, I think so, babe."

"It's like you don't have your own damn clothes," Harry scoffs but a smile takes over his face. "You ready?"

"Yep," Zayn nods and puts on his headphones. Harry follows his suit and after putting them on, he shuffles around his snacks and coffee. He clears his throat, drinks a bit of water and presses the on-air button on the control deck that was made by some engineering students for extra credit once upon a time.

"Good evening everyone," Harry says. "It's Wednesday, the 7th, 10 PM on the dot and once again, the Cat Roommate Radio is back here with you, just like your cat at 2 AM yowling for some food. We're your cooler hosts who don't suck as much as those on Tuesdays, Thursdays and the weekends. I'm Harry."

"And I'm Zayn," he takes over the introduction. "And tonight, after we have some great music for you as you procrastinate studying for your finals. We've all been there, and will be again, so the least we can do for you all is play some tunes. Just after 11PM, we'll switch into the bit where we think we're podcast hosts and we'll talk about climate change. Just kidding, it's important but we'll be tired so tonight, the topic is: why is Keanu Reeves so hot and is he really immortal? Evidence includes the famed portrait from the Uffizi Gallery in Florence."

"Then there will be music again," Harry starts speaking again. "And when 1 AM hits the clock, we won't turn into pumpkins but we'll play a game so we won't fall asleep. For tonight we will have the favourite, the college gets messy, where we will share stories of the craziest things that have happened on nights out. Stories are provided by us, by our friends and by anyone brave enough to message us on the radio's Twitter or Instagram. And we'll shut up now. First song of the night, Here Comes the Sun by The Beatles. Enjoy."

Harry sighs deeply as he turns off their mics. "Have you brought the gummies? Since you're stealing my clothes?"

"I have," Zayn rolls his eyes, reaching into his backpack on the ground. Within moments, he throws a pack of pot-infused gummy bears to Harry. "They're those soapy ones you like with rosewater."

"Sweet," Harry grins as he turns the packet over in his hands. "I love you, honey."

"Love you too, you fool," Zayn grins at him. "Open them. We should start off sooner today because if we're too high by the podcast segment you'll get too horny and I'm not letting you suck me off here again."

"Oh, c'mon, give me some credit," Harry scoffs as he opens the bag of gummies. "That was once. And we were doing a review of Midsommar and you know that we started fucking on the couch while watching the director's cut. I started thinking about that and couldn't get it out of my head."

"You can't fool me with those shitty ass excuses, Haz," Zayn grins at him and snatches a gummy bear out of the bag. "I know you. You were just too high and you're always horny when you get like that."

Harry rolls his eyes with a smile and pops a gummy into his mouth. "I don't know why we're dating."

"We're soulmates," Zayn says casually. "And no one else would tolerate our bullshit."

xxx

They met at the beginning of their sophomore year at college when they started working together for the college radio. Harry is a sports science major, while Zayn studies media and communications so it's no wonder they've never met. Regardless of that, they clicked right away and their infectious humour and actually interesting programme for the college nightly radio made the number of listeners skyrocketed.

What started as a great friendship swiftly turned to a relationship after one morning, having finished the show, they were walking back to their dorms as the run was rising and truth be told, they were both still a little bit high and the mutual sexual attraction was too much to handle. So they kissed for a while before Zayn dragged Harry to his roommate-less dorm room, they had mind-blowing sex and Harry missed his gym session. There were no regrets on either side.

For around a year and a half, they spend every other night in this windowless room, until 2 or 3 AM, depending on their morning schedule. Technically, they're criminals because most nights, they get high for the podcast-y bit but their figurative boss, one of Zayn's media professors, Miss Kenwood, turns a blind eye because they're essentially keeping the radio alive.

"Okay, so last story," Harry says into the microphone. They're sitting on the carpeted floor with their backs against the wall and the cables stretching as far as they go. "This one is special because it's one of my very own stories. But what the hell, right? So, this summer, when I went home I brought Zayn with me for a bit. For those of you who don't know, yes, we're dating, you don't have to ask on Twitter again, thanks."

"You're not a Kardashian, Haz," Zayn laughs next to him. "No one cares about who you're dating."

"Anyway," Harry clears his throat and sticks his tongue out at Zayn like a damn child. "We hung out with some of my friends back in Sacramento. And I got drunk off my head because I wanted to be all cool and shit. Don't tell my mom. But, long story short, we went skinny dipping in a pool and I started feeling sick, so of course, I puked in the pool, nearly drowned and also nearly tore my ehm-ehm off while trying to get out. Tasha, one of my friends, she nearly called 911. Thankfully, we're all alive."

During the entirety of that story, Zayn was trying not to laugh hysterically but it was actually impossible.

"That was me embarrassing myself," Harry says through laughter. "There will be a poll on the radio's Instagram stories, the winner gets... nothing. Sense of peace, maybe."

"And that's it for tonight from us," Zayn says, him too trying to stifle laughter. "You will get to listen to some more music that's qued up but we're leaving and getting much deserved sleep. Bye."

After they start breathing normally again and gather their stuff, Zayn turns to Harry with a shake of his head. "Why did you tell that story?"

"It's a funny one," Harry shrugged. "And it's so ridiculous no one will believe it either way. And if they do, I'll say it was made up."

"You're such a fool," Zayn comes to Harry with a wide smile on his face. He kisses him deeply, his thumb digging into Harry's cheek. "You wanna sleep over?"

"Yes, please," Harry grins. "Wanna take my shirt back."

Zayn chuckles and kisses Harry again, before smacking his ass and leaving his hand there as they start walking out. "What do I get for it, hm?"

"One word: oral," Harry says, holding one finger up as they walk down the deserved corridor. "I'll ride your face if you want."

"Okay, that's intriguing," Zayn drawls and puts his hand into the back pocket of Harry's jeans. "I think we have a deal."

-----------------------------------

Hope you liked this one :) Thanks a lot for reading and if you want a prompt too, check out the chapter in this book titled "Starter Sentence Prompts", pick a sentence and leave me a comment :)