Sentence Starter Prompt - Divorced with Teen Kids AU

"What's with the box?"

"Oh," Poppy gives the pink cardboard box a quick glance before shooting her dad a smile. "I'm going to stay with dad for a bit."

"You are what?!" Harry peels himself off the doorway, quickly walking into Poppy's room like an angry cat. "Who allowed you to do that, young lady?"

"Um, dad?" Poppy shrugs and continues digging around in her backpack for something. "You're not my only parent, you know."

Harry scoffs as he crossed his arms. "This is unbelievable. So now you ask your father for permission about things and not me? Who has been raising you for the past five years, darling?"

Poppy stands up and exaggeratedly rolls her eyes at Harry. "Daddy, c'mon. I'm nearly an adult, I can make my own decisions. Besides, you're both equally my parents, okay? Just because you hate each other doesn't mean that I have to be deprived of one of you."

"That's not the point!" Harry argues. "You're sixteen, Poppy, still not an adult. When you bleached your hair last month, I put it down to just your teenage stupidity but you can't move out to your dad's place without consulting with me first."

Poppy scoffs, shaking her head. "I wasn't moving but I might just do it now! You're still treating me like a child, you won't let me do anything my friends are doing and you're constantly breathing down my neck! I'm not five anymore, daddy!"

"I care about you, Poppy," Harry says, his blood pressure now going through the roof. "Your dad doesn't. Sure, you think you're better off with him because for four days per month, he's the fun parent who takes you out to the movies and lets you eat pizza at 10 PM. But guess what sweetheart, he doesn't give a shit about you, just like he didn't give a shit about me."

Poppy's breath hitches as her eyes get wet with tears. "Just because dad doesn't love you doesn't mean that he doesn't love me and Charlie. And thanks for helping me decide that I'm definitely moving over to dad's place now." With that, she snatches her phone from the desk and stomps out of her room.

Harry stands there in shock, jolting when he hears the front door slam. He shakes his head and still there, right in Poppy's room, he pulls out his phone and dials his wretched ex's number.

"Hello?"

"I never thought I could hate you any more, but you've outdone yourself again, Zayn," Harry scoffs. "Seriously? You left me and now you're trying to make Poppy leave me too."

Zayn sighs on the other end of the line. "I didn't make her do anything. I was actually against it because I knew exactly how you'd react. She made her own decision, she's old enough."

"Fuck you, she's not old enough for that!" Harry yells. "If you let her stay at your place, I will literally murder you. You ruined our family and I've had enough of this shit. If she's on the way to your place now, and you don't bring her back immediately, you don't wanna know the consequences. I'm not joking."

"Harry, calm the fuck down," Zayn says. "I'm not gonna betray her trust just because you're an overprotective parent and she can't even breathe freely in your house."

Harry chuckles bitterly. "Do you know why she wants to stay at yours? Because she wants to hang out with her nasty little boyfriend all the time, who's twenty-two and literally horrible. You know how that's going to end up? Either she will either end up a drug addict or knocked up. Have fun putting her in rehab and driving her to Planned Parenthood to get an abortion because I'm not gonna do either of that if she moves out. I'm just warning you."

"He's how old?" Zayn exclaims. "She never told me that. She said he's in his first year of college so I assumed he's eighteen."

"Yeah, that's just your lack of parenting skills coming through because you never cared enough," Harry scoffs. "She lied to you, big surprise. Her boyfriend isn't in college. I doubt he even finished high school."