15|Brynn

*

Speak.

*

I walked the school grounds silent as a mouse. Only 8 years old, it brought a concern to all adults. No kids cared though.

No friends cared. What friends? I was the girl that used to be happy. Joyful. Excited. Funny. Crazy. Loveable.

A big ball of energy in such a small package. My friends described me like that. My classmates described me like that. 

Now they know what depression is like. Only at the age of 8. I was lonely. I had no more friends. I was sad.

I wanted to stop. Everything. I thought reading would help. So, I read so much that my teachers grew even more concerned.

They wanted me to make friends. They had so many questions. 

So many. Too many.

They told me to 

"Speak," 

I looked up at the guidance counselor. I wanted to say all of that. I wanted to pour everything out to her.

I wanted to say everything. I wanted to speak. So desperately. Then I looked at the wall that had a poster.

For visiting day. For your parents to visit you and see your classes. I looked back at her and opened my mouth.

But nothing came out. I tried but I couldn't. I was mute. 

For the second time in my life.

*

Authors Note: Sorry it's short but this had to be said and I didn't want it randomly in a chapter.

Question: Cómo te llamas?

Answer: Me llamo Zoe.

Reminder: That's all I learned in Spanish so far lmao

Sneak Peak: "Brynn are you okay?"