23|Wyatt

*

"Then let's figure out a way to make it up to him," Kenzie smiles. 

*

"So you're gay?" I ask Mason as soon as the door closes. "Is there a problem?" he asks while climbing to the top bunk. 

"No. But it didn't cross your mind to tell me?" I ask. Archer sits on his bed and pretends to ignore this. 

"Oh but it did. Many many times," he tells me. "So why didn't you say anything?" I ask. "Because people like you don't understand how it is to be me! Gays are friends with gays!" He yells. 

"Archer understands you. Or is he gay too?" I ask. "I'm not," Archer adds. "With the exception of Archer," 

"Well, I can't trust you guys. I have no clue if you are gay or not," I point to Archer. "Because gays hang out with each other. So who knows!" 

Lastly, I walk out of the room. The door slams and I hear Mason yell, "I could have played it off but you had to say something! Why do you even hang out with me?!"

I stop and listen. Have I created something? "I'm gonna wait until you calm down. Cause I know this isn't you," Archer says. 

Then I hear footsteps coming toward the door and I stay put where I am. Facing the white door against light blue walls. 

A door that has the number 420 on it. (I'm so immature I'm sorry sisters) The door opens then closes, Archer coming out. 

"I'm-" "Don't," Archer interrupts me. I pause and look at his hand that was raised to my eye level. 

"I want to thank you. For a small part of that. But I also want to hurt you. because that's my best friend," he says. 

His hand drops and he speeds away. I watch as he turns a corner and disappears. I open the door and look at Mason. 

Hands in his hair as he looks at the ground. "Archer, I'm sorry," he says. "No I'm sorry," I say and he looks at me. 

He stares at me for a good couple of seconds before looking back down at his feet. Dangling from the top bunk. 

"I'm sorry for being all," I pause to think of the word. "Angry? I'm sorry I had a bad attitude or bad way of talking to you after you just came out,"

He looks at me. "It's okay. Archer and I always end up alone anyway. But it might be only me now." 

"I'm not leaving," I say and he sits up. "Why?" he asks. "Because I'm not like that. But I will give you space. I'll be in the library if you need me," 

I close the door and walk away. 

*

I open the library doors and look around. I see Archer sitting alone. I walk up and pull out a chair. 

"I'm sorry," I say. "No, I'm sorry," a female voice says. We turn around and see Kenzie. "The fact that you came up and said sorry made it feel like I might be why," 

"What?" I ask. "I'm sorry I asked if he was gay. I asked and it was not the right thing to do. He should have been able to keep it a secret for as long as he wants," she says. 

She is genuinely nice to be a criminal. "I also said tea. He could have played it off like it was nothing. It's my fault too," Archer says and stands. 

"And I shouldn't have reacted the way I did. It was the wrong move. I just didn't know what to do," I stand. 

"Then let's figure out a way to make it up to him," Kenzie smiles. 

*

Author's note: I haven't posted in a while and I'm trying guys!

Question: If your bestie came out as gay how would you feel?

Answer: Totally cool with it.

Reminder: Vote cause this story is good and more peeps need to read it. 

Sneak Peak: "But the point is he likes you!"