Chapter 2

" How about I come over tonight? Every Friday night I should come over and we can watch terrible movies that we laugh at and eat takeout then I can sleep over "

We were walking out of the cafeteria, roaming around aimlessly since we still had ten minutes until the bell rang.

" You know I'm not into that. You're my best friend and all but I'm not a people person."

" How about I don't sleep over then?" Bri practically begged.

I stopped at my locker and did my combination quickly before opening it. I grabbed my sweatshirt then closed it shut.

" How about we go shopping on Saturday and I'll pay for everything." I stated instead of asking.

She gave a smile and shrugged but I could see she just wanted to spend time with me.

" I'm sorry but-" I turned around and collided into someone before I could stop myself.

" What the fuck?! Really?" I asked as BRI helped me up.

I looked up to see Austin, a smirk on his face.

" Sorry sweetie. Didn't see you there."

" Watch where the fuck you're going." I said, glaring at him while rubbing my elbow quickly.

" Would you like me to kiss it to make it feel better?"

" I'd rather die then let your lips touch any part of me."

" You sure honey?"

" Positive."

" No need to be a bitch."

" Oh, but sweetie, that's just who I am," I said, bumping into his shoulder roughly as I passed him.

He barely budged. I kept walking and without turning around, called out to Bri.

" Stop boosting his ego and come on. We have class," I said, just as the bell began ringing.

***

" He told me I'm beautiful!"

" How wonderful!" I exclaimed sarcastically.

I popped a handful of marshmallows in my mouth. We were currently trying to finish up our homework. Well, her doing it and me copying right off her paper.

" Can't you imagine it. Austin and I walking down the hallway, hand in hand, everyone jealous. " She began chewing on the end of her pen; something she does while daydreaming.

I rolled my eyes and snapped my fingers twice.

" Get out of la-la land. We need to finish this up and it's getting late and I'm getting tired."

She groaned and threw her books on the floor. Just as she was about to say something my dad barged into my room.

" Somebody's house is on fire!"

Before he could further explain he left and Bri and I followed right behind him.

As soon as we got outside I could see the smoke. We ran all the way to the house and stood outside with everyone else. I found my mom talking to a lady and man and realized it was their house; judging by the way the lady was crying. The firemen were using the hose to extinguish the fire. Just then I saw two figures coming out of the front door. I heard some people shout and gasp but all I could do was look wide eyed. As they got closer I actually gasped. Austin was stumbling and the firemen was holding him up.

" Oh my gosh!" Bri exclaimed.

He seemed to be gasping for air. His mom tried to run towards him but her husband held her back.

" Oh my gosh," I whispered to myself.

***

" Are you comfortable? Need more to drink?" My mom, being the over concerned parent she was, kept trying to make Austin more at home but really it was making him more uncomfortable.

" Yes ma'am. Thank you."

" My mom gave him one more glance before she left, walking upstairs to see my dad and Mr. and Mrs. Grey.

" Hey beautiful," he said to Bri with a wink.

Ever since he and his family had came into my house after the commotion was over several hours ago, Bri hasn't taken her eyes off of him. It didn't help that he was wearing sweats and no shirt.

She blushed and looked away only to look right back at him. Her phone began ringing and she jumped then clumsily answered it.I could see Austin was smirking and I shot him a death glare. After a quick disagreement she hung up and sighed.

" My mom wants me home. Bring me my stuff tomorrow when you pick me up to go shopping?"

I groaned and muttered a yeah.

" Goodnight babe. Have sweet dreams about me."

She turned bright red and managed to mutter a goodnight before leaving.

I took in Austin's appearance. His chest was partially black from the ash and his right hand was wrapped in a white cloth with an icepack on top. He had a fresh cut that was on his left cheek that was sure to scar.

" Enjoy what you're looking at?" he asked with a grin.

I snorted.

" You look like shit. What took you so long to get out?" I asked.

He shrugged and started to look around.

" Wanted to grab something real quick."

" Worth almost dying for?"

He turned back to me and raised an eyebrow.

" Yes. What's with all the questions?"

" Just wondering. What's with the attitude?"  I asked, realizing the slight tense in his body.

He didn't answer but instead glared at me. I heard footsteps and we both turned to see both of our parents coming down. Justin's mom looked a wreck. Her hair dishshelved and makeup streaks down her face. I took a quick glance at Austin to see his face twisted in pain. I actually started to feel bad for him.

" Austin, you'll be living with us, along with your parents until everything gets sorted out. There is plenty of room." my dad said politely.

" What?!" Austin and I exclaimed at the same time.