Chapter 7

" These aren't the most terrible things I've ever tasted."

I rolled my eyes but knew it was a compliment.

" Yeah I know they are delicious."

We were watching Hairspray once again but I didn't really mind. It just seemed like a normal routine now. Instead of him drinking though we were sharing the big platter of rice crispy treats that I had made.

" Shut up. This is my favorite part," he said taking another bite without looking away from the screen.

His thumb was rubbing the heart and even though I knew it wasn't his favorite part but his sisters, I stayed quiet. He quietly recited the end of the movie and when it was over we just sat there, letting the glow of the TV light up the room.

" When did you learn to make these?"

" After the incident," I shrugged, watching the credits and took a bigger bite.

He nodded, not bothering to look at me. Did he not care?

" I'm bored. We should do something?"

" Like what?"

" I don't know. I'm just tired of sitting in this damn house. Theres a party tonight I wasn't planning on going to tonight but we might as well," he said scrolling through his phone.

" I don't know. I'm not really a party person," I admitted.

He looked at me to see if I was joking but when he realized I was serious he laughed.

" The big bad ass May is not a partyer?!" He laughed.

" Just because I come off as being a bad ass doesn't mean I am one," I said, quickly defending myself.

" Live up a little. Come on. I want to leave in an hour."

With that said he got up and went upstairs. He forgot about the silly string and screamed in schock.

I went upstairs, a grin on my face. He stood there and pointed to the door.

" Take it off now."

I took the one from his door off but didn't bother with the rest.

" You can figure out to do that by yourself."

I went to my room and heard him mumbling something to himself. Looking through my closet I quickly realized I didn't know what to where to this party. I groaned. Why am I going anyways?

***

" Not that I care about your opinion but is this OK to wear to the party. I don't know what to wear."

He quickly scanned my body, his eyes lingering on my legs a couple seconds longer than needed.

I was wearing a basic black black flowing skirt with a red tank top and toms. My exotic dirty blonde curls are combed out and after trying to put them in a cute bun I gave up and left them to flow, lightly brushing my shoulders. I put on a little eyeliner and mascara, leaving it simple.

" Yeah that's fine," he said with a shrug.

He was wearing a white polo collared shirt which brought out his caramel skin. His jeans were dark denim and I saw how they fit perfectly on his waist. His hair was spiked up like usual but he isn't wearing as much as usual, which made it look even more sexy.

" You know where my keys are?" I asked, looking around.

" You don't need them. I'm driving. No point in both of us driving there."