Chapter 9

" May!"

She ran over to me and I walked to her quickly, not wanting to seem like I've missed her a lot. Even though I did.

She embraced me and I hugged her back, giving her a tight hug.

" Hey Bri," I said softly.

After about a minute passed she pulled away.

" How are you?" she asked.

" I'm fine. Let's go inside."

May had ran all the way here from her house as soon as she came back from vacation. Stupid Bri.

We went in and she plopped down on my couch. I sat in the armchair so she could have the couch to herself.

" How's was the trip?"

As she began telling me every single detail about her trip, including about a hot guy that she promised to show me pictures of later, I just watched her. The way she moved her hands while she talked and how her eyes twinkled with excitement as she talked. I smiled.

" Why are you looking at me like that?"

" I just really missed you Bri."

" Did you get all soft on me?" she asked, placing a hand on her chest.

I threw a pillow at her and it hit her in the face. She threw it back and we laughed.

" I want to join the pillow fight!" Austin exclaimed, throwing one at me and Bri.

Austin and I have been the same. Although he still hasn't gotten me back on the prank everything has been normal. Constantly bitching at each other and sometimes being nice.

" Oh. Hey Austin," Bri said.

I was surprised she wasn't swooning over him like usual and I think Austin was too.

" Miss me?" he asked, sitting down, forcing Bri to sit up. 

" I guess."

" Nobody would miss you," I said to Austin.

Austin casually placed an arm around Bri.

" Of course my baby would miss me. Right?"

Bri lost her words and seemed to be transfixed by his arm being around her.

He chuckled and she blushed. I rolled my eyes and got up, heading to the kitchen.

" Anybody want anything?"

I grabbed my marshmallows and a can of Pepsi.

" Beer for me."

" Apple juice."

I grabbed two glasses and poured apple juice in both.

I gave them each their cup and sat back down in my armchair, opening my Pepsi and taking a handful of marshmallows.

" This is apple juice."

" Austin knows what apple juice is now! Let's give him a hand of applause."

He glared at me.

" Bitch," he mumbled.

" Want to repeat that?" I asked.

He rolled his eyes but didn't say anything, probably remembering his nose, which was still bruised.

" So I see you two are still best friends!" Bri exclaimed with heavy sarcasm.

I smiled at her.

" You and I are best friends. Austin comes second," I said, giving sarcasm back on the second part.