Chapter 15

" Hey sweetie. There's left over pizza in the fridge," my mom addressed me from the living room without taking her eyes off the screen. My dad was well into the show as well.

" Thanks," I said.

Austin made his way upstairs and returned a minute later. He had put all the bags in my room.

I made my way to the kitchen and Austin followed. He gave me a look and I sighed.

" There's something I need to tell you guys," I said from the kitchen.

The TV was put on mute and I know they were staring at Austin and I back. I grabbed a bag of marshmallows and Austin sighed. Walking back to the living room I sat down in the armchair while Austin stood.

My moms mouth dropped open and my dad look utterly shocked and angry. Mostly angry.

" So, uh, these are hickeys," I said slowly.

I looked to Austin and he had his hands pushed deep into his jean pockets. Good thing they couldn't see all that I gave Austin.. especially on his groin. I blushed and turned back to my parents.

" This happened this morning. The hickeys. We didn't have sex though! Just kissed and, well yeah," I felt my face become really hot and I wished I could just run and hide in a hole.

" Are you two dating?"

" Yes ma'am." Austin said.

Even though he was clearly nervous, his voice was calm and even.

" How long?" my dad now asked.

" Ten days sir. We were going to tell you but I insisted we wait. I want you and your wife to at least not hate me anymore. This is all on me. Not May."

" And you are telling us now because there was no way trying to hide all these damn marks all over you two," my dad said, raising his voice.

" Sir, this is all my fault. We were just kissing. Nothing more. I should have stopped but.. There's no excuse. But May and I didn't have sex. You have my word on that. I would never have sex with her this early on, even if she wanted to."

" May's in no position to be kissing around some boy!"

" Dad.."

" No! May don't start. I can't believe you would even go out in public like that! You know what you look like? Trash. Like a skank girl who doesn't care that she and her boyfriend were obviously doing something earlier on."

I flinched from his words and tears stung my eyes.

" Honey," my mother said softly.

" No! This is not acceptable."

" With all due respect sir but I don't believe May looks like a skank. They are harmless love marks. They will be gone soon. But please don't take this out on May. She really doesn't need it."

" No. She doesn't need you and your no good self."

Austin took a deep breath.

" I understand why you are upset but we at least we are telling the truth. Just don't bring May into this."

" Let me see them."

Tears were streaming down my face as I silently cried. I couldn't look at anybody, not even my mom, who was trying to reach out to me.

" Excuse me?" Austin asked.

" Both of you. I know there are more. I'm not stupid. Show all of them to me. No matter where it is. I need to know what I'm working with."