Chapter 24

"We can put the baby crib right there in the corner. I can take out my desk and all that. I don't really use it anyways. But the changing station can be out where the desk is."

Austin was sitting on the edge of the bed, planning out how we were going to fit everything for the baby.

" Oh! We can set up a section for our baby in the living room. For playing with toys and all that. Does all this sound good to you?"

" Yup. Sounds good," I said, flipping the page of the fashion magazine I was reading.

He turned to me and frowned.

" May. Sooner or later you are going to have to accept this baby. You're parents are cool with it. Pretty happy."

We had stopped by my parents house to tell them the news. My mom was thrilled. My father may have been not so happy. I'm not sure. But he seemed genuinely happy for the most part.

" I know but it's just not how I feel."

Austin came up and sat in front of me.

" How do you feel?"

" Stressed. Scared."

" Why?"

" Stressed because I'm having a baby.

That's a lot of work. And scared because, hello! I'm having a baby. Plus, giving labor is painful."

" You can tolerate pain pretty well."

I knew what he was referring to and I
shivered at the thought.

" Still. Plus. What happen if you aren't ready to be a father. Or I'm not ready. What if something goes wrong?"

" May. I'm going to be with you for the rest of your life. Wether you like it or not. I'm ready to be a father. I'm nervous of course. But excited."

" Yeah well shit happens. You never know."

" May. Stop being fucking stubborn."

I rolled my eyes and his phone rang. I grabbed it off the table and looked at the caller ID before passing it to Austin.

" It's Chase."

He answered and got up, leaving the bedroom. I groaned and ran a and through my curls, tugging on them to release a little stress. Taking deep breaths, I made a fake smile then heard my stomach growl. I groaned.

I better not gain too much weight.

***

" Who the hell is here?" I grumbled to myself.

Austin was sitting in his favorite arm chair, watching music videos on MTV.

I opened the door and to my surprise, Chase and Bri was standing before me.

" What's wrong? Austin said there was something you two needed to tell us," Bri said, coming in and Chase following.

I closed the door and locked it, the female security voice letting me know that the house was secure.

I shot a glare at Austin and he shrugged.

" They deserve to know."

I sat down on the couch, grabbing a blanket and cuddling myself in it.

Bri sat next to me, her gaze piercing at me, worry filled. Chase stood standing, obviously very anxious.

" Well I wasn't ready to tell y'all but.. I'm pregnant."

Bri's eyes got wide.

" No way!"

" Way."

She squealed and gave me a tight hug.

" I saw you gained a bit of weight but I didn't want to say anything. Thats so cool! How far into it?"

" About two months."

" You don't seem excited," Chase stated.

I shrugged.

" Mixed emotions."

Bri gave me a look saying we'd talk about it in private, which I appreciated.

" Well are you going to keep the baby?" Chase asked, sitting down next to his girlfriend.

" Maybe," I said at the same time as Austin said " Of course.".

It was silent for a second and we all turned our attention to the music video on the screen, except for me, who started at my nails.

After a couple minutes of absolute silence except for the television, Chase got up.

" Well I'll see you two later."

Brianna got up and gave me a quick look before giving me a hug. She gave Austin a hug and I saw she whispered something in his ear but I couldn't quite hear it. Austin got up and gave Chase a quick pat on the back. I could tell they were gonna talk about me and my opinion later.

As they left Austin closed the door and armed the house. He gave me a brief glance before going into the kitchen.

" You want something to eat?"

" Marshmallows."

I began playing with the necklace around my neck, staring at the screen. The couch dipped next to me and a bag of marshmallows plopped in my lap. I couldn't meet Austin's eyes so I whispered a quick thanks. Stuffing a handful in my mouth, I pretended to be interested in the video as I felt Austin staring at me.

" May."

His voice was filled with sadness and I swear my heart broke.

" Austin."

" I just don't understand. I love you. You, hopefully, love me. You don't know just how much I want this baby. Our baby."

I bit my bottom lip and continued looking at the screen.

" May. I've had sex with so many girls," I groaned and rolled my eyes and he slightly chuckled.

" That was the past. But I love that you get jealous over me." He kissed my cheek lightly. " Anyways. I have had sex with lots of girls. Sometimes without protection. But I never wanted a kid with them. Ever. But you. You're different."

I stuffed more marshmallows in my mouth.

" May, will you fucking look at me?"

When I didn't turn to him he used one of his fingers to turn my chin so I was looking at him. His soft brown eyes seemed to stare right into my souls.

" We are having this baby. If things don't work out after a month then we can see what we will do with our baby," the thought seemed to cause great pain to him and I casted my eyes downwards.

" Everything will be fine. I already love this child. I love you. We will make it. We are strong."

I took a shaky breath and he placed his lips gently against mine.

" I love you too," I whispered as I placed my forehead against his.