the wolf and the bear

"You'll give him a heart attack," I whispered to Declan in protest.

"That's the fun of it," He winked. I shook my head with a smile, watching from my position in the darkness as Declan crept forward and took his own place in the trees. He was nearly directly in front of Michael, waiting for the weeing-lad to look up.

"CHRIST!" He cursed when he did notice. Declan took my hand and pulled me with him from the trees, Michael looking around him. "What the hell?" He asked, turning to see Charleston and McTaggart.

Declan was laughing, my hand slipping from his as I leaned on a tree and watched. "I got you!"

"Harp!" The Irish boy grinned. "You're alive!"

"Come here, boy," he grinned, pulling him in for a hug. But the boy quickly smacked his shoulders and pushed away, making me tense a bit as I knew Declan was strong but still a little tender.

"What the hell are you doing sneaking up on us!?"

I smirked. "Well, took me a long time to find you, Michael," Declan explained, looking down at the lad who was openly exposed as he only wore a robe. I chuckled, shaking my head as Declan followed, the boy laughing too as he closed his robe quickly. I jumped some when a woman appeared, armed with a bow. I watched tensely. "Sokanon."

"Sokanon..." McTaggart drawled. "Lovely to see you again, sweetheart."

I perked my brows when she then aimed her arrow right at McTaggart. I didn't blame her, man was a loon and always wildly saying the worst things. "Hey," Declan tried to soothe. "Sokanon."

She glared hatefully at Declan, lowering her weapon. She must have been Michael's lover as she wore an unlaced and open shirt. She turned and headed back for their tent, McTaggart speaking, "Touchy."

"You make all women want to aim an arrow at you," I rolled my eyes.

"Oh, yeah... I forgot, she hates you," Declan spoke up. But he perfectly knew well enough she didn't like the lad. I held in a laugh as McTaggart shrugged his shoulders in acceptance. Declan pointed the hilt of his weapon at Michael, turning to me. He pressed a kiss to my forehead before following the Native woman.

"Well.....I'm Michael," The Irish lad offered us.

"Might want to cover yourself, Michael," I teased, stepping forward. "Bit nippy out here, innit?"

He looked embarrassed as McTaggart laughed openly. "Aye," He agreed, turning and heading for the tent as well. I snorted a laugh, shaking my head.

"C'mon lads, let's set up," I called, dropping my pack. I drug Declan's over before assisting the others in pitching two separate tents for us to sleep in that night. It was a decently open space and yet each tent was pitched with distance between them. Not enough to be a danger but not close enough to hear anyone.......doing anything.

"Goodnight, lass," McTaggart spoke, stretching for a moment. "See ye in the morn!"

"And you, McTaggart," I chuckled. Charleston shook his head as his tent-mate shuffled in. "Goodnight, Charleston."

"Goodnight, miss," he nodded and gave me a small smile.

"Easy with your back, I'll wash it again tomorrow, yeah?"

"It'd be appreciated," He nodded before ducking into his tent. I looked back to the third tent, debating on waiting for Declan or not. I didn't want to interrupt and I was exhausted, so I climbed in and made up a messy bed for us.

I had just stripped down comfortably when the flaps sounded and Declan's large form entered the tent. "How was it?" I asked, moving my boots over towards our packs. Declan followed suit, stripping to lighter wear and moving his boots aside.