Part 30

A/N

The truth has finally been revealed, but there are more revelations Minhye and Jungkook will be facing. I hope you guys enjoy it~

(This is a random update since my professor didn't go to class so might as well.)

Take care always!

Sincerely,
Christine

.

.

Jungkook's POV

I took slow steps as I approached the envelope, shakily picking it up as the name on it shook my being.

Kristel Marie Brookes

Could it be really her?

I read the letter, and sure enough it was what Minhye's uncle just explained to her, only this was from her dad.

"I'll talk to mom and see if we could fly tomorrow or the day after. Where is he staying?" Minhye asks his uncle as I check my calendar for any important event this week. Thankfully there's none. I can be present during the visit.

"Back at your old house, in L.A" his uncle smiled at her.

L.A.

She was from L.A.

Which makes sense because that's where I wanted so bad to go back before, even after the operation. I wanted so bad to go back to L.A. even when I didn't exactly know why. I just did.

She was the reason.

"Jungkook ah" She calls out, looking at me with worried eyes as she caught me spacing out.

The way my name sounds when she called me so comfortably made my heart race for a reason. This was the reason.

The reason why Hyeri wasn't matching up to the fragmented memory I had of Kristel.

It was because she wasn't her.

SONG HYERI.

My blood boils at the memories of her deceiving me. All those time it didn't feel right was because it really wasn't. It wasn't that people could have changed over the years. Sure, likes and dislikes may but not the attitude and personality of the person. 

But how could she have such information that could deceive me easily? 

My hands balled into a fist as I scream in frustration. All this time the girl I've been looking for was the girl I've been treating the shittiest. I sat on her bed, trying to process all the information that I have, and the realizations that has been coming into my mind.

"Jimin?" Her voice echoed their mansion as she made her way down the stairs. It was our engagement day and none of us were happy about it, but what choice do we have anyway?

"Guess again." I snickered, turning back as I face her. I was caught off guard as I took her in. She was beautiful, and she wasn't even trying hard. She didn't even put any make up besides some lip gloss and yet she just literally took my breath away.

"Staring is rude, Jeon Jungkook." She says, shaking her head as she continues her graceful descend.

"Who's staring at who?" I spat, coughing the awkwardness as I try to calm the fast pace of my pulse. Why was it beating so fast? Not any of the girls I've dated since the accident was able to make me feel this way.

It wasn't only because she was beautiful that night, but I just saw a glimpse of Kristel as she descended the stairs. It was the same day as the bequeathal night we had in L.A. It was the JS Prom counterpart for elementary students. It was the same get-up with a different dress and she was wearing converse, not heels.