- Chapter Twenty Four - Lost Knight

A creature as black as spilled ink in the night lurked menacingly in the shadow covered street, his eyes gleaming a cruel crimson amber, that lingered with anger, and his thoughts only focused on evil things.

He waited silently, the passing time having no effect to his plans. He wanted with a burning twisting desire to free himself from the burdens of his soul, to rid the earth of his most hated enemy.

A deep growl rose from within him, like a wolf with his bloody fangs bared, dripping with saliva, unafraid to kill. So badly he felt the urge to seek his prey, to taunt it, to take away everything it ever loved, and then end its life by ripping it piece by piece, but instead he waited.

The creature lurked forward, inch by inch, feeling his prey grow nearer.

From beyond the dark street corner, he watched as it came around, passing by him slowly, and with a growl as deep as thunder he struck, tearing into it as it screamed for help.

The creature lunged again, hatred pouring forth in enormous waves, he chuckled in the midst of the savagery, human blood now coating him, dripping slowly from his inky black figure, hot and sticky to the ground.

"Feels good to be back" he sneered.

The car looked down at his handy work. The boy was unrecognizable in his battered state. He no longer looked like the kid he had grown to love.

Emotions flooded the car as he backed away, but not a single one was regret.

He turned away, and left the unrecognizable figure lay strewn in the road.

"Just more roadkill." He thought.

"They'll scrape him away in the morning."

Karr woke with a shuddering jolt, his processors swirling with anxiety.

It wasn't unlike him to dream, but never before had he witnessed his mind create such a terrible scene. Micheal's words must have been taunting him, because he knew he could never hurt Casey, much less murder him without remorse.

The dream caused him great grief, and he was angry his mind would ever imagine something so gruesome.

Karr still sat on the top floor of the parking structure, the first rays of morning light sprinkling down through the clouds.

Casey was up in his hospital bed, asleep and resting. He had somewhat awaken a few times before, but not enough for him to realize his surroundings.

Casey felt something warm and heavy draped along his side, a constant pressure that peaked his curiosity. He forced his heavy and droopy eyes open.

A girl sat in a chair beside his bed, her head resting on her arms, which was touching his side.

Casey lifted his opposite arm to touch her head gently, as to wake her.

Braille looked up, eyes red and puffy with exhaustion, she looked half disbelieving.

Casey's voice was hoarse when he tried to use it, but he still managed to convey his anger.

"Twice these men get ahold of me, and I'm laid up in the hospital both times. Either I'm unlucky, or a pathetic excuse of a man." He said.

Braille wrapped her hand around his wrist, giving it a tight squeeze, but she let go soon afterwards. Casey thought she might be embarrassed at extended contact.

"You don't give yourself enough credit, you can't fight multiple men and a car at once." She said.

"Car?" Casey asked.