1.11

Little Teresa sat alone outside at lunch. It was her first day of school in Texas and she didn't like it. She didn't like that her brother wasn't here with her, he was always interested in another countries and he always wanted to go to Texas and now Teresa is living his dream except it's not a dream for her.

A boy a few feet away came out for fresh air and saw her sitting alone and decided to go talk to her. He recognizes her from class, she didn't say a single word at all and his now talking it as his mission to hear her talk. He went over to the tree she's sitting against and sat next to her.

"Hi I'm Zay, you must be Teresa?" When all he got was a nod he continued, "Your in my class, how come you don't speak?"

All he got was silence so he took his paper bag out that has he's food for today and took a piece of cookie out, "You want?" Zay asked. Teresa shook her head as a no. Zay than went rambling about random stuff trying to get her to talk and when she couldn't get enough she did.

"Do you ever shut up?" Teresa asked. Zay grinned ignoring her choice of words.

"You talked!" Zay exclaimed.

"Yeah haven't you ever heard a girl talk."

______________________

"What's got you so moody?" Barry asked his cousin.

"My friends decided to change and wear horrible outfits." Teresa said.

"Why?" Barry asked.

"Something about they want to be popular but they can't do blah blah blah." Teresa said.

"Go to talk to him." Barry said.

"You mean them." Teresa said.

"No you told me about your friends, Maya will probably be with Riley. Go to Elliot and talk to him." Barry said.

"You're the best cousin I can possibly have." Teresa kissed his cheek before leaving, "I'm leaving bye Papá!"

___________________

"Knock knock." Teresa said knocking on Elliot's door.

"Do you need anything?" Elliot said standing up from his bed.

"For you to go back to the normal Elliot," Teresa said sitting in his bed, "do you remember when I came here?"

"Of course." Elliot said sitting next to her.

"I told myself I wouldn't let anyone in. I hated coming here but you made it better. I broke my silent promise I let you all in. So I'm asking you to come back to me." Teresa said.

"Why do you want me back?" Elliot asked.

"Because your important to me. I'd be lost without you." Teresa said, "I can't watch you change Elliot. Your my... best friend and I care for you."

"Do you mean that?" Elliot asked.

"I wouldn't have said it if I didn't and can we please burn the clothes your wearing." Teresa said, "and I'm not going to class until you and Riley are back."

__________________

"You really meant that?" Barry said. Teresa licked her ice cream sitting next to Mateo in his hospital bed.

"Yup." Teresa said happily eating her ice cream.

"So because the guy you have a crush on your not going to school?" Barry asked.

"I don't have a crush in him!" Teresa exclaimed, "I wasn't going to school anyway I told Papá I wanted to visit Mateo."

"You so do." Barry teased. Teresa stood up smiling.

"I do not." Teresa said taking a spoon filled ice cream and throwing it at Barry. Barry gasped at the cold, it landed right on his cheek. Teresa giggled before she saw Barry going after her with his ice cream. Teresa's eyes widened before she ran out, Barry following.

"Hey no running!" A nurse screamed but she was ignored as the kids where having a blast.

_______________

"Come in!" Teresa said as she heard a knock pausing the movie. Elliot opened the door going in.

"Okay you proved your point." Elliot said.

"I'll be in the guest room, bye cuz!" Barry said leaving. Traitor.

"Can you please go back to school?" Elliot asked.

"Are you going back to Elliot?" Teresa asked.

"Teresa-"

"Than no!" Teresa exclaimed.

"Teresa-"

"I said no!"

"Teresa-"

"Do you not understand the word no?"

"Teresa-"

"El-"

Elliot covered Teresa's mouth with his hand. Teresa glared at him taking his hand off. "What if I don't want to change back?" Elliot asked.

"Why even would you?" Teresa asked back.

"Because I always felt different being there I felt special like I was apart of something." Elliot said, "I feel that way with you."

"You can't have both," Teresa said, "this isn't the Elliot I like and until then- I'm going to continue the movie with my cousin." Teresa took her laptop and left. It was then that Elliot realized that he could lose her if he continues to change.

_______________

"Hey T." Maya said coming in with a normal looking Elliot and Riley.

"You're back." Teresa said.

"Yeah, I didn't want to lose you." Elliot said. Teresa smiled at him.

"Guys this is my cousin Barry, that's Maya, Riley, and Elliot." Teresa, "We were going to the cinema, wanna come?" They looked at each other before nodding smiling.