1.25

"You stood up for Lucas and not me!" Maya accused Riley right outside of Mr Cory's classroom.

"I'm not standing up for him." Riley tried to say calmly.

"You didn't disagree with him!"

"Well, when you really think about it, he wasn't wrong."

"Who cares!"

"Oh." Riley faked surprise, "right and wrong don't matter now."

"The only thing that matter is you and me." Maya pointed at her then at herself, "when have I never not stood up for you?"

"When I'm wrong!"

"You're always wrong!" Maya said which caused Riley to gasp at her words, "Or you're always right. Who cares? I don't listen, I just stick up for you automatically."

"Oooooooh." Zay said as he just walked in the hallway, "chick fight! Chick fight right here, ladies and gentlemen. One dollar to see the shocker by the lockers." Zay sat next to Teresa, who was sitting with Lucas, and Farkle, putting one leg over the other, "Brought to you by Zay Babineaux enterprises."

Teresa hit his leg with her boots, appreciating that he was trying to lighten the situation, "not the time, Zay."

Lucas stood up, "I'm not going to be the cause of this."

"Too late, huckleberry." Maya said without even looking at him.

Zay chuckled, "huckleberry."

"You know why it happened, Maya? All you do is call me names. I finally struck back once." Lucas told her.

Maya turned to look at him, "This has nothing to do with you, who I will deal with later."

"Yee." The boys said.

"This happened because she," Maya glanced at Riley pointing at her, "stuck up for you." Maya pointed at him.

"I didn't stick up for him." Riley said in a deadpan voice.

"You didn't disagree with him!"

"How could she disagree with him, he's right?" Farkle questioned.

"You're next." Maya told him.

"I want to be first." Farkle smiled.

"Yee." Maya and Riley said backing away a little.

"Why does it matter? Teresa stood up for you!" Riley said.

"Because I'm not her best friend." Teresa said, "when your in a situation like this, you depend on your best friend to stick up for you but you didn't." Teresa turned to Lucas, "and it was extremely rude!"

"It wasn't towards you!" Lucas responded.

"It could have been!"

"He is right, you know." Zay spoke up.

"Why does that mean so much to everybody?" Maya asked, "When being right is more important than being friends... Then that's the end of being friends."

The bell rang and they entered Mr Matthews class. The board had the subject Farkle desperately wanted to know, so when he saw it he was disappointed, "yeah no chance." Farkle erased it.

"Is this still going on?" Mr Cory asked pointing at Maya and Riley who were seated.

"Look at em!" Farkle told him. Maya was looking away from Riley arms crossed and Riley was looking at her.

"Yowzas!"

"I'm moving my seat!" Maya stood up, Farkle walking to his seat.

"Yeah, you just do that." Riley said.