1.24

Elliot stared at the boy laying on a patient bed as Teresa went to sit next to him on the end of the bed

Teresa looked at her brother and took his hand on hers, trying to figure out a way to tell Elliot.

It was harder then she expected. She always found it easy to talk to Elliot, she told him about her mother faster then she ever told anyone but this, this was her brother.

Most of her best childhood memories were with her brother when they weren't arguing or fighting. When they were acting like best friends.

They were each others best friends because they had no one else. The class Mateo was in, never liked him because of how smart he was. And Teresa's class no one liked her because of how different and happy she was.

They were all they had. When there mother had left, Mateo had been the glue that held there family together. When he wasn't there anymore, Teresa tried to be. She tried to be the glue, it was hard but it worked till now. Now it would her fathers turn to do that.

She tried to be the one who would fix her family but she wasn't, it was always Mateo. Her older brother who always broke down at night after each nightmare, trying to pass off as okay when Teresa came to comfort him.

Teresa closed her eyes for a moment and took a deep breath.

"Terri."

Teresa jumped when she felt a hand on her shoulder but relaxed when she realized it was Elliot, "you don't need to tell me, no matter how confusing this is."

Teresa put her other hand on Elliot's, the one on her shoulder, "no, it's okay."

This was Elliot. The one who broke her walls, the one who always put a smile on her face, the one who saw past the expressions she painted on her face, the one who talked and cared for her when she acted like a brat, the one she was possibly falling for or will.

She could tell him anything, she owes it to him after all he was always there even in those rare occasions when he didn't know.

"His name is Mateo Gomez." Teresa breathed out, "my brother. My big brother even at the times where it felt like he wasn't."

____________

"Somebody read that." Cory said pointing at the chalk board.

"'History will be kind to me for I intend to write it', Wintson Churchill." Lucas read.

"And he did. Who's gonna write their own history here? What is history? I keep forgetting." Cory told them.