Chapter 2

James

After listening like a bat for almost an hour, waiting for the sound of the trespasser's departure, I finally heard the unmistakable sound of goodbyes and a closed door. And thank fuck it came, because I had to pee so bad it wasn't even funny anymore.

Unfortunately, I heard the sound of sniffles the second I whipped my dick out to piss. It followed by the sound of something soft being thrown against the wall.

Then came the mutters. "Godammit, Ryan, of course he doesn't like you! You are such a fucking idiot—ugh, fuck. I hate myself. That was so embarrassing." Each sentence was punctuated my more sniffling, and his tirade was cut off by the sound of a nose being blown.

I shook my dick and tucked him away, debating on how good of a person I was. Did I go in there and comfort Ryan over what was apparently the guy who'd walked in on me masturbating and then held me by the throat to my mattress? Or did I, ya know, mind my own business?

I washed my hands and walked back into my own bedroom.

After sitting down and getting comfy, I heard some sniffled through the wall. Guilt began to form in the pit of my stomach.

I groaned when I heard his nose being blown again. I decided to just pop in, only for a second. Enough time to maybe give him a pat on the head or something.

I knocked on his door, which prompted an almost instant response. "Noah, is that you?" Ryan called, sounding much cheerier.

"No, it's James."

"Oh, okay. Come on in."

The poor little guy was sitting on his bed with his head in his hands. When he heard me, he lifted his head. I cringed a little at the makeup streaking down his face. "Um—you good?" I asked.

He nodded.

Wow. I cleared my throat. "Okay, well...I'm always here to talk, you know."

Right before I ducked out of there, Ryan cleared his throat and said, "Wait, James. I actually...I'm not good."

I turned around and eyeballed his tears and ratty hair. "You don't say."

He wiped underneath his eyes and patted the bed next to him. "Can we talk?"

"Sure."

I sat down next to Ryan and he put his head on my shoulder. Ryan was always a kind of touchy-feely emotional kind of person, which made me uncomfortable. I just wasn't cuddly, I guess. Even still, I awkwardly wrapped an arm around Ryan's bony shoulders. He sniffled.

"I've been in love with my best friend since freshmen year," he blurted out. "And he doesn't feel the same way."

The same guy who'd held me down and watched me beat my meat? Yikes.

"Ooh, ouch," I said helpfully. "I'm sorry, buddy. That stuff always sucks. Well, don't worry, there are ways to get over people. I can help you out if you want."

Ryan was quiet for a minute, before leaning away and looking up at me. He'd stopped crying, but there were still streaks of moisture underneath his eyes. "You mean you'll help me forget him? Are you offering to have sex with me?"

I tried not to choke on my own spit and failed miserably. "Um, I was actually going to give you some advice."

He frowned. "Oh. Okay."

I cleared my throat and tried to come up with something that sounded helpful. "So, you know, there are more fish in the sea. And time heals all wounds. And, um, the best way to get over a man is to get under another one. So, yeah."

Ryan gave me a slightly judgmental look. "But Derek is my fish."

"Sorry, what?"

"He's my fish! He's the one I picked out at the metaphorical pet shop," Ryan whined. He reached up and re-quiffed his hair. Then he met my confused stare with his own determined one. "I own one fish who is meant for me. I need to convince him to love me."

"...Yeah, no...my metaphor was envisioning this super big body of water where the fish can kinda, you know, escape. Not a fish hostage situation," I tried to clarify.

Ryan shook his head. "I really appreciate the talk, James. You're right. There are more fish in the sea; but this fish is the one I want. I'm going to fight for him."

"Well, see, I was kind of...the metaphor..." I sighed. He looked a little bit happier after convincing himself that going after his peeping tom friend romantically was a good idea. Who was I to kill his buzz? "Okay, Ryan. You go girl. He's your mans. You got this."

Ryan nodded and attempted to wipe the rest of his runny makeup away. "I'm going after him right now."

"I'd shower first."

He took a deep breath and nodded. "You're right, I'll do that. Hey...thanks, James. You were really helpful right then. I feel a lot better now."

I shrugged and tried to gulp down the frog that had formed in my throat. "No prob, little guy."

I stood up and he gave me a watery smile. Then he pulled me in for a hug. I held him, trying not to squeeze too hard. Didn't wanna break the guy. I gave him an awkward salute goodbye and closed the door to the bathroom when I went into my own room.

Well, this was a very uncomfortable situation. I had no idea, literally not one, how I was supposed to tell Ryan that the love of his life had watched me come all over myself after jerking to porn.

Or I just wouldn't tell him. That worked too.