Chapter 7

Derek

If I thought James dressed up for lunch with Ryan, he absolutely dressed up for dinner with me.

I met him outside of his dorm room, since today we'd agreed that I would drive. It was nice to actually knock on James' door and not have to look over my shoulder every second for Ryan. If Ryan found out I was taking James on a date, he'd probably be happy for me.

James opened the door wearing tight white t-shirt under a green jacket. He still had the jeans what hugged his thighs and I bit my lip as I checked him out.

"Bad idea, James!" that bastard roommate of his called from inside the room. "He's bad news. Anyone who's connected to pipsqueak is bad fucking news."

"Are you talking about me?" Ryan's voice, though slightly muffled by the distance of the bathroom, came second. "Fuck off Noah!"

James shut the door and gave me an exasperated look. "The two of them, I swear. They never stop going at it."

"You look so hot."

James' look turned deadpan. "Okay, be quiet. Ryan is okay with us hanging out, I asked him yesterday, but at least keep your voice down when you say that stuff."

I shrugged. To be quite honest, Ryan's little crush on me was old news. I was fully prepared to move on with my life and woo James. "He's fine. He's okay with this, remember?"

James bit his lip, but he nodded. I grinned and took his hand. "We're going to have fun together."

James smiled and looked down at our clasped hands. "You go from watching me jerk off to wining and dining me so quickly."

"Oh, honey, I'm poor as dirt. We're Coking and choking tonight."

He raised his eyebrows. "What kind of choking are we talking here?"

"Oh, on food of course." I winked. His eyes only narrowed further.

"...What kind of coke?"

"Don't be silly, James."

He shook his head, let out a cute little laugh, and then grinned at me. The whole show was so adorable I went deaf and almost missed the first part of his next sentence.

"I guess I am confused by this," he mused. We reached my car and I opened his door for him. Once we were driving away, he continued. "I mean, you walked in on me jerking off. Then you choked me until I came, which was hot. Now we're...what? Going on a date?"

I shrugged. I hadn't really put that much thought into it. I'd just seen a beautiful boy and known I needed to get to know him better.

"Sure," I settled on saying. "I've already seen the goods. Might as well get the rest while I'm at it."

He glared. "I'd say that's a power imbalance and we should make it even, but we're in public."

"We're in a car! I'll whip it out if you want me to."

"No thank you!"

"C'mon, you know you're curious." I reached down to unzip my pants and he slapped my hand away.

"No! Thank! You!" he punctuated each word with another little slap. One got a little too close to the family jewels and I nearly cried. "Keep your dick in your pants, jeez! At least wait until you've taken me to dinner."

"Hey, you brought it up," I pointed out with a grin. "Not my fault you're thirsty."

"Oh I'm thirsty?" he laughed and pointed at me. "Hold up, aren't you the one who snuck into my bedroom when you heard me jerking off?"

"Mm, technically not true. I looked into your bedroom to see if you were there. I only snuck into your bedroom once I saw you jerking off," I clarified.

His laugh turned into a snort. "So not better. You're a perv."

"Speaking of," I said, "that's the Roadhouse. How long do I have to wait before unzipping my pants?"

James paused and assessed me, half smirking and half lustful. "I need to know if this is only about sex or not." He leaned forward and I caught my breath right before our lips brushed. "If it's just about sex, Derek, drive me back to my dorm."

I paused, trying to think of something to say.

James smirked. "...Because there's a bed there."

I shifted the car into reverse and backed out of the Texas Roadhouse fast enough to leave tire marks.

-

Sorry about the long break! I've been slammed by school. Anyway, how are y'all feeling about this new development between James and Derek?