Chapter 6

James

Ryan squealed in my ear the second we were out of earshot. "That went so well! He was really into you, James! Thank you so much!"

I felt a little bad that I'd spent the whole time lusting over Derek, but Ryan didn't have to know that part. "Yeah, we really connected back there," I added blandly.

Ryan clapped. "Okay, make sure you text the number Derek gave you! Man, I can't believe he hit it off with you right off the bat. Usually it takes a lot for Derek to accept someone as a friend."

I shrugged. "It beats me, man."

"Well, must've been a little bit because you met already."

My entire mouth dried up and I halted in my tracks. "Wait. You know about that?"

Ryan blinked and tilted his head. All of his stood-up hair flopped to the side a little. "Yeah, I know. Derek went to the bathroom and it took him forever. When he came out of the bathroom he told me. Why are you acting so weird?"

I could hardly breathe. "You're not upset?"

"Why would I be upset?" he scoffed. "It's not like I'm trying to keep Derek to myself. He can't be locked away like a princess."

He was okay with how Derek literally stood next to my bed as I jerked off? Ryan was a true bro. "So it's still okay if I text with him and stuff?"

"Of course," Ryan said. "I don't see how that would change anything. Try to get as close to Derek as possible; in the end, it's only helping me."

Was this guy getting at what I hoped he was? I had no idea, but if Derek told him all about the way we met, and now the guy said to get as close to him as possible...I mean, it was pretty blatant.

Well damn. This guy was okay with sharing Derek? I sure as hell wasn't about to object.

I said my goodbyes to Ryan and whipped out my phone. I saved Derek's number and shot him a text.

Me: Hey

I wanted to come right out and tell him I took back my original stance. I wanted to tell him that we actually wouldn't be screwing Ryan over; that Ryan was okay with everything.

But first, I had to play it cool.

Derek: Is this james?

Me: yup

Derek: Had fun at our date today ;)

I blushed and tossed my phone away from me. It distracted myself with a burning hot shower and by the time I was out, Noah was sitting on his bed. He flipped the page of his textbook and waved when I walked in.

"Hot body," Noah whistled. He eyeballed my shirtless chest and the towel just barely staying up. I gathered my clothes and flipped him off.

I got dressed and checked my phone. There weren't any new messages, but I was still overcome by the feeling that I should text Derek back.

Me: that was not a date

Derek's answer popped up hardly a second after, with the information I was absolutely afraid of.

Derek: oh come on...you know ryan supports everything that's going on, right?

So it was true. Ryan knew about the situation with my masturbation, was still in love with Derek, and also totally cool with Derek and I fucking.

It was almost too good to be true.

Me: yeah I got that feeling too after today...i still feel weird about everything

Derek: but cmon, we barely know each other. at least go somewhere with me before you totally drop the idea

He was right. Ryan was being very kind and opening a door for me. Even though he was in love with Derek, thanks to Noah he must've known that I found Derek hot. Despite his own personal feelings, he decided to throw me and Derek together.

Ryan was a good guy. I felt a little bit of affection grown in my heart for the pipsqueak.

Me: okay, fine. Lets go somewhere

It would be fine. Ryan would be happy to know that I was getting to know Derek better. And I'd make sure to put in a good word for Ryan, too. As long as Ryan was the one who ended up with Derek's heart in the end, clearly he didn't care what it took to gather my info.

Derek: awesome! Texas roadhouse for dinner tomorrow?

Oh and the man promised me meat and potatoes? Yeah, he could do whatever the fuck he wanted to my body, I didn't care.

Me: oh damn, that sounds perfect

Derek: it's a date :) see you at 5:30

Me: see u then

I looked up from my phone and into Noah's judgmental stare. "If I were you, I'd stay away from pipsqueak. But oh no, you can't listen to roommate Noah. Roommate Noah is irrelevant to the story."

"Shut up dude, Derek is hot."

Noah grumbled and I grinned. Maybe this situation wasn't going to be so bad after all.

-

I have a weird love for Noah lol. How do you guys feel about him?