Chapter 3

Derek

I walked into Jefferson hall like an actual fucking ninja. I knew that Ryan usually had classes, but it was like him to take 'beauty breaks' from classes and sleep in. Plus, his roommate Jeremy could also spot me and drag me in for a conversation.

It had only been a day since the awkward encounter with Ryan and his hot as hell suite mate, so I was trying to let the whole situation cool off. I'd texted Ryan a little here and there, but I wasn't planning on seeing him in person for at least a full week.

I knocked on James' door, looking over my shoulder out of sheer paranoia.

The guy who answered was not James.

He was easily thirty pounds heavier than James, which seemed to have accumulated in his lower stomach alone. He had a bushy neck-beard and shaggy brown hair. The guy greeted me with a pissy expression. "Who the hell are you?"

"Um, Derek."

He raised his eyebrows. "Hi, Um Derek. Nice to meet you. You woke me up from my nap, so I swear to all that is holy I better not be about to hear a speech on why I should take a semester to travel to Egypt and save the goddamn monkeys."

I took a subtle step back. "Actually, I was looking for James."

His eyebrows raised higher. "James is at the dining hall to grab us a pizza. Why do you need James? You don't look like someone he'd be friends with."

I scowled. "Why do you care? You don't look like his mother."

He rolled his eyes and shut the door in my face.

Well, it could have gone better. Ryan had never mentioned Noah being a complete asshole, but he really was.

There was no reason for me to go to the dining hall, but I found myself wandering in that general direction anyway. I could definitely eat. It wouldn't kill me to eat some food. I absolutely wanted to go get some food, not bump into sexy James.

I shoved the glass door open and literally bumped into sexy James.

His eyes widened and he dropped the box of pizza on the ground. "Oh, shit!" he gasped. Then he met my eyes and those pretty pink lips of his went slack. "Oh shit."

I took my time taking in the features of my newest fascination. He definitely had the boyish all-American good looks card going for him. His bright blue eyes looked even brighter thanks to his deep tan. His brown hair was unruly in a way that looked intentional, especially the way it slightly curled at the temples.

I smiled at him. "Hi."

James swooped down to pick up the pizza and then fixed me with an unnerved stare. "You're the love of Ryan's life. And the one who broke into my bedroom to watch me jerk off."

Wow, my reputation was not great.

Except one little detail just did not make sense at all. "Love of Ryan's life?"

"Sure, aren't you the reason he was sobbing pretty shortly after you helped me jerk off?" James asked. Damn, he was blunt. We'd only been talking for two seconds.

I shrugged and nodded, since that would make sense. I pang of guilt hit me, but I'd always known I'd have to rip the band-aid off at some point where Ryan was concerned. His little puppy dog love had been going on for a while, but I always ignored it. I wasn't confrontational enough to have the conversation early on.

"You fucked with his head, man," James said. His eyebrows furrowed a little, making a tiny line appear between them. I wanted to kiss it. "He really likes you."

I shrugged again. "Well, I don't like him. Hey so...want to do something? I kind of feel bad for walking into your room when you were jerking off."

He fixed me with a deadpan stare. "Do you feel bad for holding me down by the throat ten seconds later?"

I grinned, reminiscing about how hot it was. "Not for a second."

He blushed and I wanted to eat him right up. "Don't be weirder than I already think you are," he mumbled.

"Want me to help you carry that pizza?" I asked, feeling stupid the second after the words came out of my mouth. I desperately wanted to spend more time with him, even if it was just to land myself another extremely hot sexual experience.

James backed up a little bit and patted my shoulder. "No thanks, love of Ryan's life. I actually think I'm not going to go near you with a ten foot long pole."

"Why?"

"I'm not about to screw over my suite mate like that. He likes you and I've already gotten to third base with you accidentally, so we're nipping this in the bud. Thanks," he said. He went to leave, so I followed him outside.

"You have to admit it was hot," I said.

James rolled his eyes. "I didn't say it wasn't hot. I just said I'm not interested in screwing Ryan over."

Ugh Ryan. I wasn't interested in Ryan.

"That's not fair," I grumbled.

James turned around and poked me in the chest. I raised my eyebrows and he glared. "Stop following me," he said sternly. "Please."

Ugh. I frowned and he acknowledged my pouting with an eyeroll, but didn't change his mind. I didn't want to add a third creepy thing up on the list he'd already formed around who I was, but I desperately wanted to chase after him.

Instead, I used the time to watch his ass bounce in his gym shorts as he walked away. He wasn't as muscular as I was, but he was no skinny boy either. There was just enough muscle on that ass to make his shorts hug his body. I sighed and wished I'd gotten to see more than just his pretty cock when I had the chance.

-

How did you all like the chapter? Who do you think will end up together?