Chapter 14

James' POV

Noah was absolutely beside himself. He kept pacing around the room and tossing his hands around as he ranted, which was honestly the most physical activity I'd ever seen him do.

"The absolute gall! I'm so pissed off," he was yelling. "He did it on purpose—he saw me come into the bathroom, so he jumped the man's bones! And the fact that he's been stringing you along to do his dirty work, when actually they're already fucking? Oh my God, I'm so angry right now."

I had no idea why he was so angry.

"I can ask Ryan about it," I said, hoping my calm tone would help him simmer down. "This is a good thing, though. If everything worked out between him and Derek, I can stop focusing on that whole mess."

My heart wasn't in my words. Sure, it would be pretty nice to stop worrying about Ryan and his sneaky ways. However, I would miss Derek. As difficult as it was to admit, I really enjoyed our brief hookups.

It had been a while since I'd let someone see me that way. And Derek had been so respectful; a wonderful bedmate overall.

Yeah. I'd miss the sex.

That was it, certainly.

"Whatever, you do what you want," Noah snapped. "I don't even want to see the little rat's ugly face right now. I mean, what the fuck? Who does that to someone? And the fact that he still hasn't told you that he's fucking Derek means he's a little liar!"

"Why are you so angry?" I wondered. "It was only fucking. You didn't even see them, right?"

"That's not the point!" Noah growled, running fingers through his brown hair. "He's such a little bastard. He did it on purpose, James. I saw the two of them sitting across the room from each other, but the second Ryan knew I was in earshot they were fucking!"

"You're way too pissed about this," I decided, making Noah roll his eyes and collapse on the bed. "Ryan was trying to get under your skin and you're letting him."

"Well, maybe he should stop trying to get under my skin!" Noah cried, throwing his arms up again.

"Maybe you shouldn't bully him."

"I don't bully him, I tease him. None of it's actually — oh God, do you think he thinks I hate him? I do hate him, but I don't like...hate him, you know?"

No. I had no idea what he was talking about.

He continued on, despite my blank stare. "I'm going to confront him. Ask him why the fuck he makes it his life goal to piss me off. Be right back."

And before I could talk him down from the ledge, Noah was striding into the bathroom like he owned the place. I was going to stop him, just in case Derek and Ryan were still fucking, but decided to not. Noah had said the event had happened a few hours ago, so hopefully they were done.

Although, considering what I knew about Derek, it was possible they weren't.

I didn't understand why there was a part of me that was bothered by Ryan finally getting the man of his dreams. Something told me it was about more than the sex, but I knew I didn't have feelings for Derek. I hardly knew the guy. We'd spoken only a couple times, and fucked only twice. It would be ridiculous of me to have feelings.

Feelings or no feelings, something didn't sit right with me about this whole situation.

My discomfort only increased when Noah came back angrier than he'd been when he went in.

"Everything all right?" I asked, hoping he'd just say yes and keep me from my misery.

"No, everything isn't all right! He's such a fucking annoying little—"

"You shouldn't talk about people behind their backs," Ryan chirped. "And just because you're jealous doesn't mean you get to be rude."

Noah shoved a finger at Ryan, but kept eye contact with me. "He's lost his mind! The little rat thinks I'm jealous!" Noah turned to Ryan, huffing and puffing. "I'm not jealous, okay rat? I'm pissed that you deliberately decided to fuck your man toy when you knew I was in the bathroom. Have some boundaries why don't you? Have some respect!"

Ryan leaned against the bathroom door and sent a wink my way. "Thanks for all the help Jamesypoo. Oh, and thank you for your work with Derek. Clearly it's paying off."

I wanted this situation to end as soon as possible. Seeing my out, I gave Ryan a little wave and smile. "No problem, man."

Ryan took the hint and departed with a wave, which left me alone with my pissed roommate. Noah was shockingly more angry than I'd every seen him, so I was all too relieved when he left the room to take a calming shower.

Well, there was one positive. I didn't have to worry about pervert Derek anymore.