°¤2¤°

"And there will be actual royal people there! Isn't that amazing!"

Yoongi just finished explaining what he saw at the castle today. He's still astonished by the fact that he's never heard of this before until now.

"Yes, it is quite amazing," Junmyeon smiles as he watches his sons enjoy the strawberries.

"Aren't you going to eat?" Sehun questions.

"I'll be fine. I'm full just by watching you guys." Yoongi pouts at the ridiculous answer but nods his head nonetheless.

"How I would love to go to a masquerade ball one day," Yoongi's brother says as he begins to daydream. Then again, it's nothing but wishful thinking. No way were peasants ever going to be invited to a palace filled with royals.

After a bit of chatting about random stuff, they finish with teary eyes and laughter bursting in the once peaceful room.

It was always nice just having family time where they talked about all the good things. Especially with their busy schedules of trying to repay their debt, there was hardly much time for anything lately.

"Here, let me clean these up," Sehun offers and stands, reaching across the table to pick the baskets. Suddenly, he yelps and collapses onto the table, alarming the others.

"Sehun!" Yoongi and Junmyeon shout in unison. Once they find that the other is not responsive, Junmyeon immediately orders Yoongi to fetch for the village doctor. Not a second later, he was rushing out the door with tears blurring his vision.

Thinking about the negative things, Yoongi clutches his fists and runs with his heart in his throat. The doctor lived closer to the market, which was farther away from their little home.

"Please! Where is the village doctor!?"

No one seemed to answer and only looked at each other as if they were debating on telling him. Yoongi furrowed his brows and began running elsewhere again.

He trips on an uneven, cracked floor, causing him to fall right on his whole front side, dirtying his clothing with thick mud. His skin rips open and bleeds on his palms and knees. Yoongi winces but swallows down the scorching pain.

Once he found a building that had 'doctor' written on it, he didn't think twice to bang on the wooden brown door.

"Doctor?! Please, is anyone in there!?"

About what feels like an eternity, there's still no response. 

Twirling around, his eyes search for anyone who's willing to help him at least. He had no time.

In the area he was currently at, it wasn't as worn down as his hometown. Compared to cottages, the town had brick walls with stone roofs. Therefore, they weren't as poor as Yoongi and his family.

"Anyone! My brother is in trouble! Please help!" 

Even with the pleading, some townspeople continued to watch like he was a madman. That's when a couple with fancy outfits walked past him. He jumped at their feet and kneeled down, bowing.

"My brother! Please help us!"

"Disgusting! Get this scum out of my sight!" The woman shouted in anger. Then the other male, most likely the husband, kicks Yoongi on the abdomen.

"Shoo! You lowly peasant!"

Yoongi coughed and immediately released them to clutch at the excruciating pain. They scoffed and strolled away.

Gritting his teeth, he spits out blood from his mouth. There was no time to lay on the floor. He needed to get help no matter what.

The hard floor seemed to only pull him back down like heavy boulders. But he managed to stumble up on wobbly legs.