°¤13¤°

There has been this odd atmosphere with the group in the past few days. Hoseok noticed this more so with Jimin and Jungkook as of recently.

It looked almost as if their eyes... Sparkled? He can't grasp it yet, but he doesn't want to make assumptions as well. The root of it all laid in the man, Yoongi, the stranger that has gotten everyone intrigued.

Bewitched would also be a word to use in this particular event.

Hoseok would be lying if he said he wasn't interested in the commoner as well. He too has not been acting like his usual cheery self. If all he does is sulk, how can his people view him as a king? His father certainly can't lead Graerian forever, but it appears that he also doesn't want to place the burden on Hoseok quite yet.

As the only son, his older sister can't inherit the throne by default. Hence, she would be put into marriage with another son of noble status.

That's why Hoseok must improve himself, get out of his comfort zone more often.

In fact, that is why he was going to do something outrageous, perhaps unnecessarily so.

He peeks past the corner wall and checks to see if anyone is within sight. He can't have anyone seeing him.

"What are you doing?"

"Ah!!" Hoseok spun around and saw Taehyung standing there, hands laid on his hips. "Good Lord, you frightened me half to death!"

"Why are you sneaking around?"

"I... I'm not! I was just admiring the garden," he said matter-of-factly.

Taehyung was clearly not believing a single word. "From afar? Why not just go walking there? It's not as though it is forbidden to do so. How very suspicious."

All these questions were making Hoseok nervous and sweaty. He was thrown into an uncomfortable situation right after he had claimed that he would try to put himself out there some more. Talk about a bad omen.

But out of all people, it just had to be Taehyung. Right after Seokjin, he was one of the friends that persisted about something so strongly that it was almost impossible to keep quiet.

And Hoseok had never really been one to lie. "Fine, but you have to promise to keep this a secret between me and you."

"Is it that serious?" He can see the concern in Taehyung's eyes.

"It's nothing awful, but it certainly isn't exactly sane."

The older of the two leaned in and whispered into Taehyung's ear, pulling away to see his reaction when finished speaking.

"You're right! You've gone mad!"

"Shhh!!!" He shushed the younger. "I don't care what you think, I must figure it out myself. You can come with me if you want, but if you don't, the least you could do is keep quiet about it.

Taehyung bites his bottom lip. He doesn't think that Hoseok is the only crazy one after all.

"Alright, but we have to get back to the castle before our friends find out."

°¤Masquerade¤°

Sehun was completely puzzled as to what Yoongi was doing. All he could see from his angle was his younger brother's arse pointing towards the roof while he laid on all four, crawling around like an animal.

"What in heaven's name are you doing?"

Before he could answer, Yoongi hits his head on the table and yelps in pain.