°¤9¤°

A harsh buzz in his head had welcomed him when he first came to. Vision slightly blurred, he sat up and gripped at the hair on his head, face flushed. The throb was numbing, but it wasn't as bad as how it had been in the past.

After a few moments, he settled down and steadied himself. His surroundings were completely different from those of his home.

Instead, it seemed like a tavern he had only seen from a glance on the outside. He was currently resting on a bed with comfortable duvets and a decently big room.

Yoongi then jolted from the mattress and stood up on wobbly legs. It appears that he had fainted due to fatigue and stress from the past few days. Always cautious, he made sure not to let anything awful happen again, and yet here he was, in an unknown room.

The last thing he remembered was walking away from the crowd to get out of there. Everything after that is blank.

And what about Sehun and his papa? Certainly, he would be very worried about his whereabouts.

Just as he moved to open a door, multiple footsteps and voices we're making their way towards him.

Without thinking much about it, Yoongi ran to the closet and hid. In the nick of time, the people walked into his room. Various colors appeared as he peeked through the cracks, trying to catch glimpses of who the strangers could be.

"Where'd he go?!" Rouge and rosewood bled through the closet.

"I don't know! He was here just a few minutes ago!" Gold and orange danced around.

Multiple voices were speaking all at once; chaos ensues. Yoongi was covering his mouth with his hands, scared that he would be found.

After a few moments, he felt the vibrations of the footsteps echo away. He waited for a couple more seconds before sighing in relief.

As he looked through the crack, he shifted around to see from different angles, and fortunately, there was no one.

Yoongi slowly opened the door, peeking his head out.

No one.

Relieved, he steps out and sighs a tired breath. "That was close."

"What was close?"

Heart jumping out of its ribcage, Yoongi squeaks. He didn't really want to turn around because he partially remembered which of the princes the colors white and silver corresponded to.

When he turns around, there's someone sitting at the table. The prince with silver hair and plush lips stared deeply into his soul, eyes sharp yet curious.

"I'm war-warning you! Don't move! Or else!" Yoongi steps back and poses in self-defense.

The other person has his leg crossed over the other, the same with his arms. It's sassy but also domineering.

"Or else what?" He slowly stood, outfit straightening out.

They were about the same height, but Yoongi was intimidated like prey in front of its predator.

"Listen..." Yoongi pauses to recall the prince's name. "Park Jimin, listen! I won't hurt you unless you let me go."

He knows he was being unreasonable and that Jimin had the right to just call for the guards or the other princes to have him arrested on the spot.

Instead, though, he continued to watch me, slightly craning his neck as if to get a better look at Yoongi.

"I can't tell if you're a good or bad person," Jimin mumbles, mostly to himself, but the other person catches it. "Jungkook seems to believe in you, but you make me think otherwise."

Yoongi stumbled over his words. He couldn't quite get his words across.

'Why would Jungkook think I am a good person?' Yoongi thought to himself.

"I'm not! How would he know if we only met that one night!"

At this point, Yoongi was fuming. What he said is the truth--he isn't a good person. What good person would steal from others and abandon those he cared for when things got too hard to handle?

He frowned, biting onto his bottom lip. His throat was dry and hoarse. Everything about his current situation placed him under heavy stress and anxiety.

His thoughts were coursing through his mind, wondering if he would receive harsh punishment. Would he even get to see Sehun and Junmyeon again?

"Are... You okay..?" Jimin suddenly asked, worry etching his features. His brows were drawn together.

"Why do you care!? You're going to lock me up in a cell somewhere and then kill me for treason against the king!"

In all honesty, Jimin was shocked beyond belief. This man who seemed to only be a few years older or so expressed such fear and hopelessness from the very get-go.

At the ball, this guy was also quite wary. Jimin could never fully understand what people like the stranger and commoners were going through. He pitied them.

But at the same time, he was curious. He may not ever have it as bad as those with lower status, but he does know that he's had his own share of problems. It would be wrong of him to compare their worries.

Yoongi's back was pressed against the wall, arms wrapped around himself. He seemed to shrink in front of Jimin, the shortest one out of his friends.

In a twisted sort of way, he almost wanted to tease the man.

"Look, even though we may be royal, we still have the empathy of normal people," the prince said in a low tone.

"Empathy??? Look around you! How can you be this ignorant and blind! This kingdom is corrupted with greed and famine for those who could barely afford to even live in the poorest side of the village! If you royals actually have empathy, there would be less suffering and discrimination between the social class!"

Reasons unknown to Yoongi, he was spouting all these issues to a prince that has probably never faced starvation nor the labor he had to go through just to survive for one more day.

It made even less sense since Jimin was from another kingdom.

He knows that Jimin is kind, but you could never sugarcoat subjects that are hard to swallow.

But the world was just so cruel, so Yoongi found that one more bad guy wasn't going to change anything.

All his anger and frustration was being vented out on a complete stranger... But... somewhere deep inside, Yoongi was probably seeking help that no one would ever offer.

Perhaps... meeting these princes gave Yoongi a chance to make a difference in his life and everyone else he cares for.

Maybe he was wanting to desperately be saved by someone who cared enough.

His rigid breathing started to calm down in the solitude of the room. His chest was no longer heaving crazily and his heart had slowly begun to calm.

The silence from Jimin gave Yoongi the answer he needed: no one would help him.

"Get out of my way-"

A loud slam of the wall frightened Yoongi. He opened his eyes wide upon realizing that Jimin had caged him with his arms, breath fanning against his face.

Jimin was frowning, eyebrows furrowed and lips wilted downwards. The depth of his orbs conveyed sorrow and vexation. Yoongi was quite scared of this unexpected look, yet he was also enraptured by it.

"Then help me help you."

A/N: Chapter is NOT proofread

It's been a while...