01

Quick little authors note, this is my first published story, and it's not going to be perfect, I'd appreciate if you help this story grow ❤️❤️
PS I'm also going to add a twist onto the actual Apocalypse plot, I'm not making this word for word like the actual episodes so keep that in mind.

Peyton's POV
My eyes opened, above me was the same ceiling I had to stare at every morning for the past eighteen months, eighteen months where I've been stuck in this hell hole where everything is the same, same schedule same clothes same people same food same everything.
I got out and reached in my closet for my corset and purple dress.
I checked the mirror in front of me and made sure I looked good, I wasn't aiming to impress anyone I just liked looking my best.
There was a knock on my door, I turned my head to it and opened it, in front of me stood Emily. She was my only real friend here considering everyone else didn't talk and looked like they were ready to jump off a cliff most of the time.
"Peyton, hurry up, I've been waiting for you to come downstairs for twenty minutes, you've probably slept in."
I wiped my eyes, "Hey I'm sure you can wait."
I fixed my dress and walked downstairs with Emily, Venable was at the end of the staircase with her usuals 'don't care' look.
I looked over at the wall to avoid eye contact with her and continued walking down. We got to the ground floor and there stood Gallant.
"Hello ladies." He said and I rolled my eyes, me and him hadn't got on the best of terms, he was the opposite of me and far to full of himself along with his bitch Coco.
I swiftly pushed past him with no intention in talking.
Emily caught up with me, "he didn't look too happy about that."
I shrugged, "I've had to stick 19 or so months with the guy, if I have to last another I'll give up."
We walked in the sitting room, Coco was sitting alone but was soon joined by Gallant. Mallory was in the corner of the room.
I felt bad for her, clearly she was mistreated by Coco and she didn't do anything about it, but then again she was apart of the Greys, she couldn't do anything anyway.
Timothy was also alone but Emily walked over to him, they loved each other, it was clear to see but I hated being a third wheel, the only seat left was in between Dinah and Andre.
Hesitantly I made my way over to sit in the middle, there was nothing really wrong with the both of them but Dinah was kind of boring and once you started talking to Andre he won't shut up, I opened my mouth to talk but was quickly interrupted by Venable and Mead walking in.
"Hello, now today is no ordinary day, today we will be getting a visit from a member of the Cooperative who will handpick a few of you for the sanctuary, you may be confused but I will explain further, now as you all know you were handpicked to stay here instead of dying in the Apocalypse, but the sanctuary is different, the people who get there will have a chance in actually surviving, the people left here will die."
I raised an eyebrow as everyone in the room was confused, why would the rest of us die?
"No questions! You will get interviewed by a member of the cooperative who will decide who's fitting for the sanctuary and he will be here very soon!"
I looked over to Emily who seemed to look just as confused as I was.
Venable left the room with Mead leaving us alone.
"I think I should be going to the sanctuary! I paid a hell of a lot of money to stay here!" Coco said, Gallant backed her up making me roll my eyes.
The silence in the room was now filled with complaints and 'I should go to the sanctuary.'
I stayed quiet having no interest in joining the conversation.
All of a sudden alarms went off, my curiosity was going wild, what was going to happen, who was coming to do the interview, what was the sanctuary, why were the alarms ringing?