05

Peyton's POV

I looked at my red face and continued to wipe the tear stains, I was still remembering everything Michael said making me cry again and again.
The door opened and Venable was standing there, "Mr Langdon told me to tell you your interview isn't over, you need to get there immediately."
"Well tell him I don't want to talk to him, he can go fuck himself for all I care."
Venable looked down at me, "why are you in such a state?"
"I don't want to talk about it, not to anybody, just leave me alone."
She rolled her eyes, "listen to me Peyton, you should go to Langdon, he won't take your refusal well."
I stood up and pushed her away lightly, not trying to hurt her, "fine, sure. I'll go."
I walked out the door and made my way down the stairs back to the office for the third time.
I didn't bother knocking and just opened the door, why did he even want to talk to me again?
To humiliate me again? Or was it about the vase breaking, which I didn't even know how that happened.
"What do you want this time?" I said tapping my fingers on the arm of the chair.
"No need for the attitude Miss Rey."
"Stop acting like you didn't insult me and bring up something that really hurt me!"
He looked down at the ground looking annoyed about something, for a second he looked like he felt bad, but there was no way that he felt bad, he was ignorant and could care less about how I was, after all he was deciding who lived and died, he probably had no feelings.
"I did that for one reason, to figure out if you have powers, I don't think your aware of what you are, I don't know either, but you're not normal. I know that much."
"That's stupid, I'm normal, that vase breaking was a coincidence, I don't wanna be different." I looked up at the ceiling holding in tears that were threatening to fall down.
"Peyton, you realise if you are powerful then you have a huge chance of getting to the sanctuary, that would make you worthy."
"I'd rather rot here than spend another second with you! Your horrible!"
"Peyton, I already told you, the things I said were just to see if you were powerful, I'm sorry, just listen to me and we can talk about things, alright?"
I stood up and shook my head, "no! I've said enough, let me leave!"
I was slowly getting myself more and more upset, I didn't feel like listening to him, I was so embarrassed and wanted to get away.
"We need to talk about things Peyton, we've got sidetracked so much I haven't got the chance to ask you questions I asked the others."
I turned around going to walk away, but I felt a tight grip on my hand, I looked to see Michael trying to get me back.
"get off me!" I said.
"Calm down Peyton, your getting yourself into a state."
"GET OFF ME!" I screamed and pulled myself away seeing the side of the room Michael was standing in erupt in flames.
I fell back falling on my butt looking at Michael who was standing right in front of the flames.
My eyes widened realising what I had done, Michael was as shocked as I was, droplets of water dripped from the ceiling putting out the flames.
"I-I.. didn't mean to.. I don't know what's happening."
"Holy shit, I had no idea you could do that."
"No! It wasn't me, it must have been something else!"
I was panicking, what if he was going to kill me, I almost killed him, he was bound to be angry, but I remembered the water that put out the flames, I didn't do that.
He must have, did that mean he was like me?
"For the one hundredth time Peyton, calm down, that was incredible... I'm gonna have to teach you to use your powers, you are not an ordinary witch, you are so much more powerful."
"All I want is to be normal, I don't want to be different. Why can't you get that!"
Michael sighed, "Peyton, I get it, you had a tough life, but you shouldn't let that take away from what you are, a powerful person, stop being a scared little girl, you can be so much more."
"Let me sleep on it, it's late and I want to go."
Michael nodded, "okay, I will let you. Now go."
I stood up and looked at the burnt carpets and drapes.
"Don't worry, I'll fix them." Michael said.

Michael's POV
I watched her look at the mess she made, worry could be seen in her face and I quickly spoke up.
"Don't worry, I'll fix them."
She half smiled at me and walked out of the room.
I sighed, that girl was hard work, I hated complicated people.
I hated people in general, the only people I liked was Mead and Grandma, Constance. But she hated me.
However I felt interest in Peyton, she was troubled, kind and powerful, and if I was able to make her control her powers she'd be great help to begin my new world.
I took out a book, 'Supernatural Species'.
I had no idea what she was, I could just put her down as witch, but she wasn't.
I scanned through all the names, but none of them fitted her.
I had written down the powers I had seen.
She had some sort of psychic ability, to be able to tell I had killed someone wasn't ordinary, but psychics couldn't set he room on fire, that was common knowledge.
It was like she was two things joined together.
But that was impossible, from what I had heard from her, her parents were normal people, never once did she say anything about them being supernatural too.
None of them fitted her, and that's when I realised, she was one of a kind.

I just hit 100 reads!! I know that's barely anything for some people but it's a lot for me, this is my first published story and to see people have an actual interest in this makes me so happy, votes are appreciated!