04

Peyton's POV
I stood at the wall beginning to cry uncontrollably, a memory entered my head.
I stepped out of the school bus putting my backpack on my shoulder.
I made my way up to the front door of the house and stepped inside, I looked down seeing my suitcase I had lying on the floor with clothes in it.
The sound of footsteps got closer.
"Aw Peyton your home! I... I decided to kick you out, your nothing b-but a worthless waste of space.. don't waste my time! Get your goddamn suitcase and get out of here!" My mom glared at me with a bottle of vodka in her hand, she could barely keep herself up straight like usual, holding onto the railings in the stairs for balance.
"Mom what the.. lie down and you'll be alright when your sober, your obviously too drunk to think right now."
I walked up to her and put my hand on her shoulder trying to get her up the stairs to her room.
"I SAID GET OUT! T-this is my home and I'll get the police on you!"
"Mom we can talk abo—"
Hands shoved me away as I fell five steps backwards onto the floor, I gasped to breath and lay in pain on the floor.
Mom got down and dragged me by my hair and threw me out the front door, suitcase soon followed.
I got up seeing the door shut and then got locked, my eyes started filling with tears, w—
My thoughts were interrupted when I heard the door beside me open and Michael stepped out, he looked right at me opening his mouth "Hey Peyton come in I'm sor—"
I quickly slapped him across his face as hard as I could, starting to cry more as I ran down the hallway to my room, Venable was right beside the door looking concerned, "Miss Rey are you alright?"
I pushed past her, my only wish was to get in my room and hide away from everyone, I didn't want to me reminded of that awful day, I had spent 16 years of my life living with an alcohol addicted mother and a drug dealer father who was never home.
And now to find myself on the outside steps with nowhere to go, I hated my life until I got to the age of 18, where I got a house, I finally saved up enough money from working as a cashier whilst living with a random family and spent the last year isolated but I didn't mind that, for once I was alone, for once I could rely on myself.
Then all that got taken away from me when the Apocalypse started.
I lay on my bed wiping my eyes seeing how red and puffy they had become.
Michael's POV
I stepped out of my office and seen Peyton, she looked so upset and I felt bad, I never felt bad, the last time I felt bad was when I seen grandma, dead all because of me.
I stopped thinking then looked at her again.
"Hey Peyton, come in, I'm sor—"
I felt a sharp pain on my cheek and realised she slapped me, I didn't expect it.
I had hurt her so badly, I didn't even know why I said that stuff, I wanted to provoke her to see if she had powers, but I didn't intend on being so rude, it all just came out.
She then ran away leaving me standing there with so much guilt.
I felt the pain of the slap fade away.
There was nothing else for me to do, I had no one else to interview and I wanted to leave Peyton alone, I had no idea why I felt bad for her, she was nothing but a stupid girl like a lot of the other people I knew, but I liked her, for no particular reason, maybe because she was a fighter, and I could tell she had struggled a lot, even before she said what she had been through, I also was curious to know what she was, she was more than a witch, I knew that much, I've been around witches and they are always aware of what they are, Peyton was not, she doesn't know what she is either, she hates me but I need to find out who she is.
Whether she wants to or not.
I looked up and seen Venable walking towards me.
"I presume Miss Rey isn't going to the sanctuary? She seemed very upset going to her room."
I chuckled and walked in my office grabbing the clipboard with all the names on it.
I had written comments under everyone's names.
Wilhemina Venable
A smart woman, but not worthy of living.
Dinah Stevens
Boring, she's not open enough, I don't want her in the Sanctuary at all.
Mr Gallant
No
Mallory
Possibly, she's interesting.
Evie Gallant
She'll die soon anyway, no.
Andre Stevens
God no, awful.
Timothy Campbell
Just a stupid boy, no interest in him at all
Emily
She seems fine, but that won't cut it
Miriam Mead
Without a doubt, yes
Peyton Rey
Yes
"Not at all, she's just shaken after our talk, she'll come around."
I turned the clipboard to the other side laying it on the table so Venable couldn't see it.
"What did you say to her that made her so upset, must have been something bad."
"I'd appreciate if you minded your own business, me and Miss Rey's conversations are confidential."
Venable glared at me and put her hand on the clipboard.
"I wouldn't touch that if I were you Wilhemina."
She looked up and moved her hand away, "Langdon, I'd watch your tone with me, you might work with the cooperative but I could easily get rid of you, watch your back."
I laughed and smirked, "watch my back? Oh trust me, I have eyes back here, you wouldn't be able to do anything to me."
"Very funny, after all you're just a boy, I'm a grown woman."
"You'll soon know I'm more than a boy, now get out, and please, get Peyton Rey, I wasn't done talking to her."
Venable turned her back and walked to the door glancing back at me then looked away.
Oh how I wanted to kill that woman.

The latest episode was so good! I loved seeing the murder house characters again, I missed Jessica Lange, hopefully she'll be in this season more, also young Michael is hot, lmao.
Question, who's hotter, Michael or Tate?