09

Peyton's POV

I sat on my bed still shaken after Michael's visit, I keep reimagining him pinning me on the bed and his face becoming demonic.
The door opened and I was ready to scream for Michael to get out but I was surprised to see Coco.
"I-I have something to say to you Peyton, that note I handed to you.. I wrote it, I just saw you with Michael and I got jealous, I hope it hadn't ruined you twos relationships."
My eyes widened, so Michael was telling the truth? Why did I believe Coco? Of course she had it out for me.
"What the hell! I was crying all today because of this! Why would you do that!"
"I don't know, I just did it." Coco said sadly and walked out closing the door behind him.
Sudden guilt hit me, I had accused Michael of stuff he never did, of course he was going to get mad.
I was going to apologise but I didn't feel like leaving the room just yet.
I was tired so I did what was normal, sleep.

Michael's POV
I opened my eyes lying on my couch, it saddened me that just yesterday Peyton was here but soon she'd come around, now Coco confessed I hoped everything would be fine between us.
A knock on my door alerted me, Venable was standing there.
"Hello Michael, we just received the apples from the cooperative, thank you for that."
I fake smiled at her, "no problem Wilhelmina."
She sat in the chair opposite me, "so.. how did you manage to preserve them."
I shrugged, "we just did, it's not hard, after all the cooperative doesn't have to stay in a place like this."
I looked at her and could sense she was thinking of something devious, I read her mind, which I only did when I needed to figure something out.
'I can't wait to get rid of every one of them ungrateful people that stay here, these apples were a blessing in disguise, they won't be able to control themselves when they see them, they probably wouldn't even care if they knew they were poisoned, then all I have to do is kill Michael, which will be easy'
She was a smart one, predictable? Yes, but smart, nobody else would know she was planning that, and to be very honest I don't care that she's going to poison them all, but just not Peyton, I have to make her aware, she's not dying on me, I still have to figure out what she is, she's powerful, I know it, and when she gets her magic sorted out she'll be unstoppable, by my side we'll both be unstoppable and that's exactly what I want. But I also want her, at first I thought I just liked her because of what she could be, but now I liked her for everything she was, Venable got up.
"Well I'll be leaving now, have a good day Mr Langdon."
"Get Miss Rey for me, we need to negotiate something."
Venable turned around, "you and Miss Rey have been seeing each other a lot lately, more than the rest of the people, you better not be doing any funny business Langdon."
I got up, "Miss Rey is the first person confirmed for the sanctuary, I do need to talk to her more than anybody else, I hope that's not an issue with you."
I could see confusion in Wilhelmina, "why Miss Rey?"
"She's special, that's all I'm going to say."
'It's going to be all the more fun poisoning her'
I chuckled listening to Venable's thoughts, that's what she thought, little did she know what I was capable of, but it's for the best she doesn't know.
She left the room and soon came in Peyton, I could tell she felt awkward from the look on her face.
"I am sorry Michael.. for accusing you of doing that, Coco told me what she did last night, she wrote over the note, I hope you can forgive me."
My smile fell, "don't blame yourself Peyton, you just need to be less gullible, and that's not an insult, it's something for you to work on, and when you get full control of your powers you won't fall for bullshit for that."
Peyton fiddled with the fabric of her dress and looked up, "thanks Michael."
I smiled again, "Alright, I need to warn you of something first, the cooperative brought apples here, and Venable has planned to poison them, she's a greedy woman and wants to go to the sanctuary so she has to wipe out everyone, but she doesn't know that I can read her mind, very silly of her, she almost got away with it, so whatever you do, if you ever get offered apples don't accept, say you need to use the restroom or something, you hear me?"
Peyton nodded to me, "Wait, why are you warning me."
"Because I care about you Peyton, you've been through a lot and I admire your strength and determination. Nobody else in this place has struggled like you, and nobody else in this place has the powers you do, your valuable and not worthy of dying."
"Wow.. um.. thanks so much Michael."
Her eyes teared up and she wiped them away.
"It's alright, I won't judge you, cry if you need to."
"I'm glad I have someone like you, your always so nice even when you shouldn't be, seriously, thank you Michael."
She got up and hugged me, my eyes widened and I realised I had never been hugged by any woman except Mead.
Peyton was special.

I nearly forgot to update, but my lord! I just hit 500 reads, that's half of 1k!!!! That's crazy, thank you all so much, I'm so happy that people enjoy this, love y'all.
Don't forget to vote!