How

Hope you enjoy!

Your sitting in your office, going through all the pointless paperwork you have to fill out when you suddenly get a call, it jumping you back to reality. Slightly startling you. The caller ID read Zackary. You pick it up quickly.

"Hey Zack calling so soon-"

Your cut off frantic voice. "I need you so come to 14th street! I need you here. You know Mary the women you met the other day. She was killed by... By... By I don't know who but I can't calm down so I decided to call you!" He was talking to fast it was hard to understand.

"Ok,  ok but take a deep breath. Where on 14th?"

"You'll find it. I have to go." He hung up quickly you visit to catch the last word well. Sending you a boss, a quick email stepping out of the office, not even caring turning and running.

You call a taxi telling the drive to drop you off on 14th and off to you go. To what your not sure.

The taxi stops an officer telling them that they cannot get past the road blockers you just going to drivers with money and help out running past the officer immediately seeing Zack. Sees you too and you hug. Zack has blood on his hands and he's covered in sweat.

"What happened!" You yell looking at Zack's hands.

"Your friend stumbled upon a murder. Or at least of one." A female officer walks over to them. " I'm detective Ross Hammer." she doesn't offer her hand for a hand shake, instead, she crosses her arms over her chest. "And you are? "

"He's my boyfriend. " Zack says with a straight face. "I called him because of what happened and... For the loss of my dear friend,  Mary. " his voice contorts into sadness, and he buries his face into your shoulder.

"You were the victim's friend?" She takes out a small notepad writing something down. "I'm going to need you to come with me. You and your friend--boyfriend. " She turns walking away.

You make Zack look up and you wipe his tears away. 'This is terrible! How could this... This happen to Mary?  I didn't know her well but I could tell sho was a good person!'

"(Y/N), Thank you." He kisses your lips. "Thank you so much for coming." He smiles and so do you.

~later at the police station~

Detective Hammer questions you and Zack, separately. The normal question you would expect in a interrogation. But no bright light in the face. You're finally reunited with Zack you two hug.

"Are you ok? " you whispered quietly.

"Yeah... " sadness was in his voice and he buries his face in your neck.

"You want to go to my house? " He nods.

You get a taxi to go back to the apartment. You two go up to your apartment and sit down on the couch, just sitting there in silence. His arms around you like he's the one comforting you.

You look at him with concern pushing his black hair out of his face. "Something wrong? "

"Are you sure your ok? "

" I'm not ok but... I got to talk with the paramedics and some of the other people that deal with the body's and they all said the same thing 'she went quick' so... So I hope they're telling the truth.

You both sit there in silence for a little bit longer when you finally decide to get up and make the 2 of you some dinner. Spaghetti was on the menu.

The both of you sat at the dining room table in silence. It was pretty awkward, you could admit. " So you want to stay the light? " He nods his head eating his food silently.

You both get done eating and Zack takes a shower borrowing a pair of your pajama pants. None of your shirts fit his build. You two lay on the bed. Again it's quite but it's a comfortable quite. Something you could fall asleep to.

(Words:  703)

Did you like this chapter? If so say you did!  Also give me so good ideas for future chapters and get a shout out!  Thanks for reading!!