Reputation

Disclaimer: I don't own anything but my love for Klaine and glee
...
"He was beautiful. He is beautiful. The most beautiful man I've ever met. His voice was light and elegant. When he sang it was like an angel had arrived..."
          "Tell me more, Daddy," Tracy said, leaning closer to her father. Blaine cupped his daughter's cheek sweetly.
          "You look just like him. Same gorgeous porcelain skin and chestnut brown hair," he smiled at his daughter. Tracy giggled and held her dad's hand.
          "Tell me about when you were little, again. When you fell in love!"
           Blaine's eyes lit up.
...
           Kurt Hummel graced down the hallway with his head held high. Announcing to the world, take me or leave me. I'm me and that's all that freaking matte-
           Cool metal hit his back abruptly. He slid down the lockers with a crushed look on his face. It broke my heart to see, but I couldn't do anything about it, not at that time. I walked past him, but not before giving him a pitiful look of apology, even though I did nothing but stand there.
          Still, I wished more than anything to take him into my arms and assure him that everything is gonna be alright. But I couldn't. I just couldn't. I had a reputation. I couldn't screw that up, no matter how strong my feelings for Kurt Hummel were. So I walked past him with my head down.
         I went to my first hour feeling like a horrible person. Perhaps, I was. But I couldn't think about that now. I felt a tap on my shoulder and looked over to see Quinn sitting down in an empty seat next to me.
          "Hey B. How are you?"
          "I'm alive, Q. What about you?"
           "Same," she flipped her high pony back and straightened her posture in her seat. Quinn's my best friend. On my first day at McKinley, she took me under her wing and helped me become as popular as I am. Not that I wanted to be popular, Necessarily, but it doesn't hurt. Especially when you're gay. If it weren't for Quinn I would probably be like...
            My mind drifted back to Kurt and it felt as if there was a stone in the bottom of my stomach. I still felt horrible for just standing there while the beautiful boy I had been crushing on since I transferred. I actually told Quinn about my feelings, but she quickly told me to not even try, it would bring down my reputation.
             Still, it didn't mean I couldn't think about him in my head. Think about how beautiful his voice is. Think about how impeccable his sense of fashion is, and how he makes it work like a model on a magazine. Think about-
            "Blaine! Snap out of it! God, it's like you're in another freaking world. I was asking you if you like this new foundation I got. It's from a different brand, and still pretty discreet. I personal-" Quinn was now cut off, just as I was. Except it was from Mr. Shue.
            Ms. Pillsbury was at the front of the classroom with the beautiful boy himself, Kurt. Kurt looked visibly uncomfortable, but every time someone gave him a dirty look, he threw it right back. Ms. Pillsbury cleared her throat.
            "Excuse me. Excuse me. Quiet. Quiet please, shhh, shhh. There. Okay! Kurt here has had a couple of his classes switched around, so he is now going to be in here with all of you!" She said, overly cheerful. Kurt started to head to a seat, but as he passed more and more of the kids, you could hear faint "fag" and "gay," covered up by a weak cough.
               Everyone heard. But no one did anything. Including me. It broke my heart, but I couldn't do anything about it. Even if I tried, even my status wouldn't do anything but drag myself down with him. Ms. Pillsbury said a goodbye to Mr. Shue, and left the room briskly.
             "Blaine! Hello? Foundation?" Quinn said with an eye roll. I didn't hear her. My eyes were focused on the porcelain-skinned boy who was sitting right in front of me. I guess Quinn followed my gaze.
            "Oh no. Oh no no no Blaine Anderson you can't! Look at me!" she turned my chin to force my eyes to lock on her. "You can have any guy. Any guy I tell you. But keep your hands off someone who you KNOW won't help you at all. Sweetie, I wish you could be with him. But you and I both know it doesn't work like that...."
          I nodded my head solemnly. The bell rang, and I collected my stuff quietly. I walked into the hallway just in time to see only the most popular form of bullying in William McKinley history. Slushy. I had never been slushied, and I had never given one to someone. I felt that tradition was old and all around stupid.
           But no one could deny the effect it had. Cold blue slushie was thrown on Kurt without hesitation. For three seconds that seemed like years he just stood there. Then he went off.
           "You may think that throwing this cold drink on me makes you higher. But guess what. You're nothing. You are nothing! You are NEVER gonna get out of this cow town, and I will! I will be out in the real world making money, you know, that green stuff you use to pay for? And while I'm doing that, you'll undoubtedly still be in high school trying to salvage the last few brain cells you have. Good luck with that, bud," he stormed into the bathroom, and David Karofsky was having a fit of laughter, not even the slightest bothered by Kurt's insults.
             I watched him leave with a heavy heart. I knew I should go. But I couldn't. Not when everyone was standing right there