Prom Part 2

I don't own glee, unfortunately:///

-

Tracy whines, pulling on Blaine's shirt, "You can't stop your story now! Not on an ending like that! What happened when they said Daddy won?" She pouts angrily, crossing her arms.

Blaine smiled at her endearingly, "Sweetie, it's way past your bedtime. You really should slee-"

"I won't be able to!" The young girl laid her head against her forehead and fell back on her pillow dramatically, "I'll have too much precipitation!"

He laughed, seeing a flash of Kurt's dramatic-ness in their daughter, "I believe the word you're looking for," He says, "Is anticipation, sweet girl."

"Yeah! That!" Tracy smiled brightly up at her father. "Please! It's not fair!"

Blaine looked down at her. It's already way past her bedtime, and he didn't want to keep her up too late. However, he knew if his husband was there, he would cuddle next to Tracy and take her side, begging for more.

"Fine, but just a little more..."

-

"Kurt Hummel."

The entire gym went silent. Before then, I'd never quite understood the saying 'You could hear a pin drop.' But in that moment, I could've sworn the world stopped turning. Every teenager and teacher in the gym stopped breathing.

Until the laughter started.

It first came from Azimio, then like wildfire it spread.

Sebastian shoved Azimio, and mumbled for him to shut the hell up.

Before I knew it, I saw my angel run away from the gym and through the doors, into the empty hallway.

"Kurt!" I yelled as I ran after him.

I pushed through the crowd and slammed open the doors, "Kurt, Kurt let's just go..."

His eyes turn to mine, welled up with tears, "They hate me. They all hate me. You know, I thought, for just a second that things were gonna be okay, but they're not! They're never gonna be okay!" Kurt shook his head, leaning against the wall and sliding down it, looking utterly defeated.

I walked over to him slowly, and sat next to him silently. We sat like that for a while, just together, enveloped in the heaviness of the world.

"Life never gets easier, does it..." I mumble. Kurt lets out a harsh laugh and shakes his head,

"I guess not..."

I tilt my head and meet his eyes again. Even though we're not dating, I'll always have a special place in my heart for one Kurt Hummel. The strongest person I've ever met. I reach over and squeeze his hand, "You wanna know something?"

"What?"

"You're an inspiration to me."

His head faces me fully now, confusion stretched across his face. "What do you mean? I'm utterly pathetic! I'm a joke!"

"You're not a joke..." I scoot closer, and take both of his hands in mine, "You're an inspiration. Have you ever wondered why I transferred schools my sophomore year?"

"I-I always just assumed you moved or something..."

Smiling sadly, I shook my head, "I wish it was that simple... No, you see, my freshman year we had a end of school dance. Kind of like a mini prom—the eighth graders put it on for the sophomores and freshman. I had a boyfriend, but it was kind of a secret. His name was Elijah. He was on the soccer team, goalie, as a matter a fact..." I smile at the ground, remembering his eyes that lit up the room.

"I really thought he liked me. Maybe he did, I don't know...But halfway through the dance, he disappeared." My eyes raise and meet Kurt's. His eyebrows are knit in confusion, and his hands squeeze mine tightly.

"What happened..." He asked gently.

"Well, I didn't see him again til after the dance. I was leaving the gym when I saw him and his friends leaning against the wall outside." My eyes start to fill up with tears. Before then, I hadn't talked about the events of that night with anyone else since I transferred. "They beat the shit out of me. Elijah just stood there, laughing at me..."

Kurt's breath sucks in, his eyes widening. He holds my hands tightly, griping as if his life depended on it. "Oh my god, Blaine..." he said, "I'm so sorry..."

Wiping a tear, I shake my head, "I ran. I changed schools and never spoke of it again..." I looked up at him, "Every day, I regret running...But you, you never run. You face bullies and enemies head on. Don't start running now...Because you'll wish you never did..."

Kurt nods his head, "You know, you're right..." Standing up, my angel starts to talk with purpose—with a sort of passion I've never seen in his eyes before. "I'm gonna show them that it doesn't matter what they think of me—what they throw out me! I'm me, and that's enough..." A proud smile is now lighting up of the beautiful face I'd grown to love. "Come on," he said, extending his hand to me.

I took it, standing next to him. Wiping the tears off his cheeks, I nod at him.

Taking a deep breath, he makes his way back into the gym.

His head held high, he walks through the crowd of kids. The laughing went silent, and all eyes were on him. Kurt acted as if they weren't there—as if they didn't matter, and neither did their opinions.

He made it to the stage, and he stood in front of the mic as Principal Figgins crowned him. Swallowing, he opens his mouth to say his speech.

"I'm proud to be different. It's the best part about me..." Smiling, his eyes find mine at the back of the room, "Eat your heart out, Kate Middleton..."

I laugh gently and begin to clap. Sebastian joins in automatically, and soon the room erupts with claps and cheers.

The music for the first dance starts, and Karofsky refuses to dance with Kurt, shaking his head as he walks off stage and out of the gym.

Sebastian, ever the prince charming, holds out his hand to dance with him. They lock in an embrace as they sway to dancing queen. I make eye contact with my angel, and I give him a happy thumbs up.

Maybe Kurt wasn't mine. But at least he was happy. And that's all that matters.