A Fight

Heyyyyyy so I'm thinking about starting a petition so I can own glee. What do you think?
Until then, I don't own anything but my love for the show.
And a Dalton hoodie.

-

Blaine stands in front of the sink in the kitchen, his head hung low. "What do I do now Rachel...She's kicked out, and that was the only public school within a 45 mile radius!" He turns to face her, and leans against the counter, stuffing his hands into his pockets.

"I...I don't know...But I'll help out however I can. Is there any private schools near? I could help pay if money's the problem? I have that big audition coming up, that could mean a big income boost. And, you know, you could get a boost too if you just audition-" Rachel tries, standing up to meet Blaine's eye level.

He interrupts her, shaking his hand, "No, I already told you no. I gave up on that a long time ago." He looks down, running a hand through his hair like Danny Zuko. "Four years to be exact."

Rachel sighs, rubbing her hands on Blaine's arms, "Okay fine. I won't push you anymore. But seriously, think about it. And I mean it when I say I'll help pay for school. What's the cheapest one? Have you looked into it?"

"I-" Blaine looks down, "No, I haven't..."

Rachel looks appalled, "Well what have you been doing for the past two days, then?"

He looks up at her, smiling sadly, "Feeling sorry for myself?" He tries. She sighs and shakes her head,

"Why must I always be the man in this friendship. I'll find the school, you deadbeat. I'll make thorough research of it too, only the best for my niece." She smiles brightly and kisses Blaine gently on the cheek. "I'd love to stay, but I have to go. Jesse said he wanted to go to the pizza place at Long Island, the jerk. They have vegan options, thank God. But I'll see you later. In which I will have my research ready. I promise!"

Blaine nods, "Alright, Rach. Be careful."

Rachel smiles gently, understanding. "I will. I promise."

And with that, Blaine was left alone in his apartment with nothing but his daughter sleeping soundly in her tiny room.

Well, not nothing.

He makes his way to his liquor stash above the fridge. He pours himself a glass and sits at the kitchen table, staring at his reflection in the strong concoction. He didn't drink often, only on nights where he needed to take the edge off. Nights like these.

-

The days past, each more frustrating than the last. Sebastian grew more popular every second he spent at McKinley High School. It was infuriating. He was openly gay, much like I was, and was never made fun of. Much. Like. I. Was.

But worst of all, is how his eyes seemed to always be on Kurt.

Kurt now became untouchable. I assumed it was because Sebastian said lay off.

I wanted to do that.

I wanted to protect him.

But I couldn't.

Because, now I'm the one staring at myself in the mirror, slushee dripping down to my pants with my beautiful angel cleaning me up. Untouched.

Now, I'm not saying I'd want Kurt to have been slushed. Not at all, you see, I wanted to be the hero. Prince charming.

But now Sebastian is the prince.

"I hate him..." I mumble.

"Me too," Kurt agrees, "Karofsky is infuriating."

"Not him. Sebastian," I say angrily, glaring at my pathetic self in the mirror.

"Sebastian? What did he do? He's only been nice to me..."

"Yeah, that's kinda the point." I can't help myself from snapping. I've been doing that a lot lately...

Kurt pulls away from me, looking hurt at my harshness. "What is with you lately? You're always so...so bitter. It's not good, Blaine, and as your boyfriend I don't appreciate it-"

"You don't have to appreciate it! You don't have to understand everything in my mind! You don't have to know everything! You can be so-" Blaine feels as if he's word vomiting, and he can't stop now.

"So what?" Kurt glares at me, "So annoying? So headstrong? So ME?" He shakes his head and grabs his backpack, "You know, Sebastian was right."

My eyes widen, and I turn to him, almost manic with anger, "What did he say?! What did he say to you?!"

Kurt slaps me. Hard. It snaps me out of my trance. I realize the words I've said and the tone I've taken with the one I love.

"He said you're mad at me because I made you unpopular. Says you blame me. That you're not good for me. That you hurt me. And you know, I have to agree with the last one." Kurt shakes his head, "I don't know what's going on with you, but I know I don't like it."

And with that he's gone. I was left alone in the bathroom with nothing but me and the wet slushee. Not even an ounce of alcohol to drown out the pain.