Prom Part 1

I don't own any of the characters or places in this story, unfortunately:/

Also, Kurt and Blaine are the same age in this story *finger guns*

-

Tracy sits in her small room that her late father decorated. She cross the room and presses play on the CD player. The one thing that she loved most that her father gave her was the recording of Wicked. She would sit on her bed and pretend the two were singing together...

Hands touch...
Eyes meet...
Sudden silence...
Sudden heat...
Hearts leap in a giddy whirl...
He could be that boy...
But I'm not that girl...

Tracy looks down, wiping a tear from her small cheek as she continues singing softly,

Don't dream too far...
Don't loose sight of who you are...
Don't remember that rush of joy...
He could be that boy...
I'm not that girl...

Blaine walks in from work and hears a small voice singing from the back of the apartment. He quietly makes his way to his daughters room, and peaks his head in. He finds his pride and joy sitting on the couch crying, singing softly. It reminded him of when he held Kurt while he mourned his mom...

Every so often we long to steal to the land of what might have been...
But that doesn't soften the ache we feel when reality sets back in...

Blaine watches as Tracy's tears stream down at those two lines. It about broke his heart...

Don't wish...Don't start...
Wishing only wounds the heart...
I wasn't born for the rose and the pearl...
There's a girl I know...
He loves her so...
I'm not that girl....

The song ends, and Blaine walks over and turns off the CD player. Tracy Anderson-Hummel looks up at her father surprised, she had no idea he was here.

"Daddy..." She whispers brokenly...

Blaine just nods and walks over to her, wrapping his arms around her, "I know...I know..."

They stayed like that for a long while, just sitting and breathing softly.

Comfortable silence enveloped them like a warm hug, until Blaine broke it gently, "I'm sorry for yelling at you for getting kicked out of school...It wasn't right of me and I'm taking accountability. Do you know what that means, Trace?"

The young girl shakes her head.

"It means where you take responsibility for your actions. Where you say 'I was wrong and I'm sorry.' And I was, and I am. Can you forgive me?" He asks.

Tracy smiles gently and nods, "Does Daddy forgive you in your story? After you yelled at him about uncle Sebastian?"

Blaine smiles a little, "Well how about I tell you?"

-

We broke up.

I told myself sometimes it's just not meant to be.

And of course, Sebastian was there consoling Kurt. So, I wasn't surprised when a month later they announced their relationship.