Before Tomorrow

If you guys read my note from the last chapter, you know this is the final part of Before Tomorrow. This has been such a journey that I have had the privilege to take. I never imagined anyone would actually read this, and now I'm up to 1k beautiful people. I can't even begin to fathom that. You guys are so amazing, and I hope you enjoy as this story comes to a close.

So for one last time,

I don't own glee.

-

Blaine's breath gets caught in his throat. "I-No. No, we're not going on the subway. There has to be another way..." Shaking, he triple checks all of the options to get them to the school. Taxi, train, uber. But no other transportation service would get them there on time.

"Why are you so afraid of the subway, Dad?" Tracy asks, as she crawls into the front seat next to her father. Blaine looks at her with big eyes, at a loss for words. "I-I...Sweetie," he starts, but he can't bring himself to finish the sentence. He takes a deep breath and decides that this is what's best for his daughter. "It's our only option. Get out of the car, we're going to the subway."

Tracy's face squishes from confusion, but she hesitantly hops out of the broken down car. Blaine's entire body shook, as he got flashbacks to that fateful night.

-

Kurt was buzzing with excitement. Him and I were on our way to our broadway debut. The Original Cast of Everybody's Talking About Jamie. Kurt was Jamie, obviously. I got Dean Paxton. Our call time was 5:30, so we were heading to the stage.

The fastest way was the subway. Kurt was more than happy to ride on it, and I wanted whatever he wanted. With every day that passes, I wish I would've urged him to take the bus, or uber. Even to just drive the damn car.

Hand in hand, we sat in our seats. Just like on the day Tracy was born, Kurt was talking to everyone about the show. When he bragged on me, and I just shook my head and kissed his cheek.

My mind couldn't focus on what was right in front of me. I figured it was just nerves; broadway's a big deal. It's been my dream since as far back as I can remember, and now I was finally getting my chance to perform on that stage.

-

Blaine tapped his foot as he sat next to his daughter. Tracy was bouncing in her seat. She shared the same enthusiasm her father had for the subway. Blaine felt as if he could throw up on the spot.

"I know you!"

An excited voice came from the other side of Blaine, which made him jump. "E-Excuse me?"

A tall, lean man sat with a big smile. "You look really familiar. I'm a big theatre nerd, have happened to be on Broadway?"

Blaine let a breath out, "Uh, I'm going to be in the next Broadway Musical. They announced it like last week, so..." He nods awkwardly and looks down. The boy shakes his head, however, not convinced.

"No, that's not it..Oh! I know! You're the husband of that one guy who-"

Blaine's eyes widened, as he shakes his head. Blaine whispers, "My daughter is sitting right next to me right now. Please do not discuss my husband's passing in front of her."

"Dad?" Tracy stood up and walked over and sat in between the two men. "Whatcha talking about?"

"Nothing," Blaine said quickly, as he glares at the guy across from him.

-

A guy was staring at my angel. I glared at him harshly, and we made eye contact. A chill went down my spine, and I realized why I felt so uneasy. I'd always had a feeling when something bad was going to happen. When I locked eyes with the man across the subway, time seemed to stop.

I instinctively grabbed Kurt's hand. The man's eyes flicker to our hands, intertwined. Kurt turned to me, smiling bright, completely oblivious of the surroundings. I find myself getting lost in his eyes, entering his world.

Then suddenly, a shout echoes.

"Gun!" Someone screams.

Shouts and yelps of terror tore throughout the subway.

I looked up to see the man, pointing a gun right at my head. "Die, you f*g."

It's true what they say. Time really does slow down when you have a near death experience. You see everything happen, register it, but don't actually act. You just sit back and let it happen. At least, that's how it was for me.

Kurt, however, was completely different. My angel, perfect in every way, jumped in action whilst I stood still.

A shot rang out, and my eyes shut tight. I thought I was dead, I thought death came quick and without pain. My eyes fluttered open, and I soon realized that the most pain I would ever feel in my entire life was searing through my body.

My angel lay on the floor of the subway. A small hole in his chest was flooded with blood, and yet he looked at me with eyes full of love. "No!" I yelled, and dropped down beside him. Another shot rang out, but again the bullet did not course through my body. Looking up, I realized the man had shot himself.

Wet tears streamed down my face, and I shook with sobs as I held my dying love. Even in death, he smiles up at me.

"I-I love you..." Kurt whispered. I shook my head and sobbed,

"You're gonna be okay. You're not leaving me! We're gonna raise Tracy! You're going to be a big broadway star! Don't worry, we'll get help..." I choked from my cries, but only then did I realize that the subway was too far away from a stop. He wasn't gonna make it.

Kurt smiles weakly, and closes his eyes.

A scream escapes my lips, uncontrollable and unconfined. He was gone. The subway took him from me.

-

Their stop finally came, and Blaine couldn't get off that train fast enough. He carried Tracy in his arms, clutching onto her for dear life. Tracy was confused at her fathers actions, but just laid her head on his chest, listening to his heartbeat.

"Dad?" Tracy said softly.

Blaine jumped up the stairs of the exit as he mumbles, "Hm?"

"Dad would be proud of you."

This made her father stop, and look down at the small child in his arms.

Tracy smiles and continues, "You two we're supposed to be on Broadway together. Uncle Sebastian told me that on the day I spent with him. And now you're gonna be on Broadway. And you're a great dad. I love you very much."

Tears stream down Blaine's face, and he kisses Tracy's head gently. "You're dad would be very proud of how you turned out too, Trace. When he died...He always wanted to be there for you. Help raise you...He loved you so much..."

The young girl smiles gently, "I know Dad...But I've heard your love story. You wanna know the one thing I've learned from it?"

Unable to make words, Blaine nods.

"You and Daddy weren't perfect. You guys had your problems, but you guys always came back together. You guys weren't perfect, but you were perfect for each other. And you took every chance to love each other, before tomorrow came...Before the bad happened...I know how Daddy died..."

Blaine looks up at his daughter, "H-How?"

A small smile played upon her lips, "I'm 6 Dad, not stupid. I looked it up on google."

Blaine laughed a bit, and shook his head. "You're so much like him..."

Tracy smiles brightly, "I know it's scary because we don't know if I'm gonna get into this school, or what's gonna happen, but we have to love each other before tomorrow comes. Just like you and Daddy."

Smiling back, Blaine shook his head once more, "When did you get so smart..."

"I've always been smart. You've just finally got smart enough to notice it." The small girl smiles brightly, but her face displays that she's dead serious.

Another laugh shook through her father's body, and he smiles, "You really are your father's daughter."