Subway

Not gonna lie, I'm running out of creative ways to say I don't own glee...

This is a really short chapter, because unfortunately, this story is coming to a close. The next chapter is the final. This has certainly been a journey for me. I started writing this story two years ago, and now I'm finally finishing it.

To the people who have been here since day one, know that I love you more than words can say. I hope you have all enjoyed reading this story as much as I have enjoyed writing it. <3

-

Blaine was typing on his computer when Tracy crawled into his lap. "Whatcha doing, Daddy?"

"Looking for schools for you, sweetgirl. I'm gonna be getting a better paycheck now, and I can afford a better school. There's this really amazing place called Exceptional Acadamy. My co worker Lexa recommended it to me. She said that it offers half of for Broadway stars. A bunch of my co workers kids go there. You could make friends that would be more my time schedule, and you could hang out with them. Does that sound like something you'd be interested in?" Blaine turned towards his daughter, whose eyes are wide with wonder.

"That sounds incredible.."

He laughs gently and kisses her head, "There's an interview today, if you wanna go?"

The small girl nods her head excitedly, giggling. "Yes yes yes!!"

Blaine's eyes light up a bit. It's been a while since he's seen his daughter genuinely happy.

"It's in about..." He checks his watch, "An hour until time. You wanna get ready to go?" Blaine brushes her hair out of her face gently, as she nods happily. With an excited squeal, she bolts to her room to put on her sketchers.

Hand in hand, the father and daughter left their apartment and headed down to the car garage. "You wanna know something, Trace?" he asked.

"Yeah?"

"I've lived in our apartment ever since I moved to New York with your dad and Auntie Rachel. I've even had this car since I was seventeen!"

"Woah..." Tracy's eyes fall on the old, broken down car, "That's a long long time..."

Blaine laughs, and nudges her lightly, "Not that long. How old do you think I am?"

"Dad age. That's how old." She answers promptly, and opens her door. Smiling, Blaine follows suite.

They both get all buckled up, and he tries to start the car. It sputters, but doesn't start. Trying a second time, he gets the same result.

"No no no no no..." Blaine mumbles.

"What's wrong?"

Hitting the steering wheel, he huffs angrily. "The goddamn car won't stop."

"Dad!" Tracy yells, "Swear word!"

"Sorry, sorry," he mumbles, "Maybe, Maybe a bus'll get us there on time..." He checks phone frantically, to no avail. "The bus that takes us where we need to go already left...And the next one won't be back for two hours, shit..."

"DAD!"

Blaine rubs his face, nodding. "I know, I know..."

"Why don't we just take the subway?" Tracy asks sweetly, tilting her head. Blaine's face pales. That's his only option.

-

Kurt's favorite part of the city was riding the subway. He always felt it was this amazing adventure. He loved the people busking for money, and the variety of people at the station. It was fast paced. Exactly Kurt's speed.

Today was finally the day. The day Rachel was going to have their daughter. Kurt and I had already decorated the nursery to a T. Kurt did most of it, but I loved watching him work so passionately on it. Our daughter was going to be just like my angel. Beautiful and perfect.

The subway was bustling with activity. Kurt was practically bouncing with excitement. "What if we miss it, we can't miss it! Blaine, we're going to be parents! Parents! "

I laughed softly, squeezing his hand. I looked at the ring on our fingers. We had gotten married a year before, and now we were going to make a family. It was everything to me. Kurt was going to be an amazing father, and we were supposed to grow old together. He smiled at everyone on the subway and promptly told him he was going to be a dad. Kurt loved the subway.

But the subway is exactly what took him away from me.