8.

After Crystal and Lauren picked up their bags from Wyatt's house, they went back home to check in with their folks.

Crystal had to get ready in secret because what she had chosen to wear at Wyatt's party wouldn't exactly be allowed by her parents.

Lauren had to get ready quickly because Lisa was coming to pick her up first. Then they were going to Gary's, then Crystal's.

Once she heard the doorbell, Lauren dashed downstairs, nearly tripping because of the high heels Lisa had her choose. But it was a good thing, she left her comfy pair of boots at Wyatt's.

She ran faster when she saw her mother getting the door. "Mom, I got it!" She exclaimed before swinging the door open. "Hey, Lis. Let's go."

"Wait a minute, stop," Lauren's mom, Alice called. "Where are you going and who is this?" she looked to Lisa with envy for her beauty.

"Hello, Mrs. Smith-"

Lauren cut Lisa off quickly. "This is Lisa, Wyatt's...aunt," she lied. "We were just going to the movies. Me, Crystal, Lisa and the guys."

"That's not-"

"Right, Lis?" Lauren looked to her with pleading eyes. Lisa knew she had a soft spot for the girls and would do anything for them so she replied-

"Yeah, that's the plan." She looked to Alice. "If that's okay with you."

"Oh, fine by me. Go on," Alice told Lauren who nodded and walked back to the car with Lisa. "Have fun! But you know...not too much fun."

Lauren ignored her mother as she got on the passenger side and Lisa got in the driver's side and sped off.

"Darling, what was that all about with your mother?" Lisa asked the blonde.

She sighed, leaning against the car door. "My mom is always wanting to know where I am. It's annoying. She thinks I might be doing something bad."

"Technically you already did. You lied to her and your going to a party."

"She's just been like that ever since her and my dad got a divorce..." she trailed off, looking to Lisa who was flickering her eyes to the road and back at her. "It's nothing. No big deal."

Lisa inhaled deeply. "Look, Lauren-if you ever want to talk, I'll always be here to listen..."

Lauren smiled. "That's nice, Lisa. Thanks."

"...Or you can always talk to Gary."

She chuckled. "He was the first person I told about the divorce even before Crystal."

Lisa smiled, looking to Lauren. "I'm telling you, it's love."

Lauren rolled her eyes, but stayed silent. It was small talk from there, but it was still tense from the previous talk about Gary.

They finally arrived at Gary's home. Gary's mother welcomed Lauren, but his dad was a different story.

Lauren sat fidgety next to Gary, sharing a smile with him occasionally. Gary's father stared at Lisa who was in the kitchen.

"Do you go to Gary's school?" he finally asked.

Lisa laughed, holding a hand to her chest. "Do I look like I'm in high school?" 

"No," he answered shortly.

"Well, she's a foreign exchange student. They have a different educational system happening around the world," Gary lied as Lisa sat next to Lauren who nodded numbly to Gary. 

Mrs. Wallace's eyes scanned over Lisa. "You look very...mature."

"Doesn't she? It's funny you say that. I was thinking the same thing," Gary piped up, but quieted down when Lauren placed a hand on his knee as a sign to shut up.