9.

Later, after picking up Crystal. The four teens plus Lisa were sitting at the bar.

"Lisa, promise me that things won't get out of control," Wyatt begged.

"Don't worry. You're just having a few friends over," she replied, downing a shot of tequilla.

"I don't have any friends," Wyatt spoke.

"He doesn't. Boy ain't lying," Gary added.

Crystal nudged him. "He has us, you nitwit."

"Besides us, Cryst," Gary sassed.

"Still, you don't need to point it out," Lauren added.

"Either way, he doesn't have friends."

Lisa downed another shot as the doorbell went off. "You do now."

Once she walked off, the girls exchanged looks. "Uh-oh," they both said.

They all followed Lisa to the door who opened it and smiled at who was there.

There was a crowd stretching out from the door to the near end of the street. The amount of kids here had to be the whole school's population.

Gary, Wyatt, Crystal and Lauren stood in shock.

"Oh. My. God," Crystal spoke as her eyes scanned over everyone's faces. She's been to alot of parties, but never with this many.

Lisa smiled happily. "Hi."

"Hi!" The crowd spoke back.

Beside her, Wyatt had fainted and fallen to the floor while Gary stood shocked and waving to the crowd like an animatronic.

"Party!" the crowd chanted.

Lauren and Crystal went to go hide in the house knowing the crowd would want to come in while Gary dragged Wyatt away so he wouldn't get trampled.

The girls waited in the kitchen and saw shortly the crowd come bustling into the dinning-room going straight for the food as music started up.

"This is gonna be a disaster," Lauren spoke.

"Maybe," Crystal agreed. "But you're you and I'm me. And me is going to party like my life depends on it." She grabbed a red solo cup, scanning over faces and saw- "Hilly, Deb!"

Once Crystal was gone, Lauren pulled up a stool to the counter and opening a magazine with David Bowie on the cover before pausing.

This was her party too in a way. Why should she sit around while her best friends were all most likely having fun?

Crystal was giggling with Hilly and Deb. "...And it sounded like you were so ready to hit Sue at the mall," Hilly said, laughing.

"I was," Crystal answered, sipping from the red solo cup. "I hate her. Why wouldn't I?"

"Oh my God, I would've loved you even more if you hit her," Deb told her.

"I should've. But I reminded her that I wasn't the one that got dumped at the prom last year," Crystal replied. All three of them laughed. "It shut her up. She was being mean to my friends."

Lisa arrived in front of them. "And what do you think you were doing, Crystal?" Lisa asked her, like a mother but she had her arms crossed.

"Having fun, like you told me to," she said. "Have you seen the boys?"

Lisa didn't answer her as Hilly and Deb looked confused at Crystal's question. "You've met Gary and Wyatt?" she asked them.

"No," they answered.

"They did once. Wasn't much of a meeting," Crystal said, thinking two days ago when they had their shorts pulled down in front of all the girls during gym, courtesy of Max and Ian.

Lisa leaned a bit closer to them, her eyes were on Crystal though as if feeding for a reaction. "If you get the chance, shower with them. I did." Crystal's happy-go-lucky expession dissapeared at the reminder. "It's a mind scramble." She didn't know that it was Lisa's plan to upset Crystal in order for her to run into Wyatt's arms. Lisa didn't know that Crystal was going to shift her pain in a different direction. "Oh, it felt so good."

Once she walked away, Deb stated, "She took a shower with them."

Hilly looked to Crystal who stared at her cup with a blank expression.

She didn't want to admit it but she did like Wyatt. No, she was falling in love with Wyatt but he had Lisa now and now probably half of the girls in school because most know it's his party. And Wyatt was cute, what was her importance to him if he didn't need her anymore? Or even care about her? She gave up her whole social life freshman year because she believed these nerds could be better known for more.

"Cryst. Crystal, are you okay?" Hilly asked.

Crystal blinked her thoughts away. "No," she answered. "The boy I like doesn't like me back." She handed her half full cup to Deb. "You can have that." She walked away.

Crystal needed to be her old self in order to get over Wyatt.

Meanwhile, Lauren went over to the bar, leaning against the counter. "Hey, Mitch, bourbon straight up please?" she asked.

Mitch worked on her drink. "Thought you weren't drinking."

Lauren licked her lips. "Let me guess, Crystal was here before me to tell you that."

"She said you might be a sober party crasher, yeah," Mitch replied, placing the glass in front of her.

"Of course she did," Lauren muttered before her eyes met with Ian's across the bar who was with Max of course. He tried to hurry over to her once he saw her. Lauren chugged her drink, thanking Mitch before trying to walk away.

"Lauren," Ian called, pushing through some people.

"I don't see you, I don't hear you," Lauren replied.

"I just need to ask you something," he said, catching up to her and placing a hand on her shoulder getting her to turn around.

"Is it about class?" she asked.

"No," he answered in a 'duh' tone.

"Then, we can't talk. Good night, sir," Lauren stated.

"Look, I just want to know where Crystal is."

"She's not into you!" she exclaimed in annoyance.

"I think you're wrong. We have a connection."

"Tell that to your girlfriend then," Lauren replied, walking away from him.

"Looking for someone?" a voice asked. Ian turned to see Crystal standing there with a small smirk and her arms crossed over her chest.

Ian smiled at her. "I was. Your best friend was trying to keep us apart," he answered.

"She's my best friend, it's her job to look out for me, just as I do for her." She walked closer to him. "Now, are you going to kiss me or what?"

"What?" Ian questioned her.

"You heard me."

"I did but I mean, are you sure? Are you drunk?" Ian asked.

"I had one beer," Crystal amswered honestly. "But I guess if you're not interested, guess I'll just find someone else who may be interested in me."

Just as she was about to walk away, Iam stopped her. "Wait." He leaned towards her, kissing her quite harshly.

She just wrapped her arms around the back of his head, kissing him back.

Not as gentle as she kissed Wyatt-

No, Wyatt doesn't need her anymore. Not as a friend and not as a...whatever the hell they were.