10.

Lauren finished talking to a few people when she saw two people on the couch making out. She didn't recognize them at first but she saw the back of the girl who was sitting on the boy's lap and was disgusted.

Lauren gaped before stomping over towards Crystal. "Unbelievable," she stated.

Crystal parted from Ian with a sigh. "Can I help you?" she asked.

"Yes, we need to talk."

"I'm a little bit busy here."

"Not anymore," Lauren replied, grabbing Crystal by the arm and pulling away from Ian. "Why are you kissing him when all year you've been complaining about how much you hate him?"

"You don't understand," Crystal uttered, crossing her arms.

"Try me," Lauren stated.

"Not here," Crystal replied, grabbing Lauren's hand and pulling her towards the stairs, stepping up them. "I feel useless to Wyatt. He has Lisa, a drop-dead gorgeous woman and now probably half the girls in school because 'he threw this party'."

Lauren looked at Crystal as they reached upstairs. "I do know how that feels," she stated. "I like Lisa but the way Gary looks at her hurts. I want him to look at me that way."

Crystal stared back Lauren. "Why didn't you say anything?"

"Because I'm better at hiding my thoughts then telling people what I think. I didn't think I could but I like him. He's smart, sarcastic and cute."

"I feel the same way. Wyatt's sweet, caring and cute." Crystal groaned, leaning her head on the railing. "I like him so much, I wanna cry."

Lauren pulled Crystal in a hug. "Me too."

Crystal hugged her back. "And I'm so desperate to get over Wyatt, I made out with Ian."

"It's okay. I probably would've done the same thing."

Crystal pulled back. "No, you wouldn't have. You're always so calm and collected. You don't over-react at the last minute and do something stupid."

"You'd be surprised," Lauren remarked.

Crystal closed her eyes, taking a deep breath. "I'm sorry. I look like a mess right now."

"It's fine, we'll just clean up in the bathroom," Lauren told her as they walked up to the bathroom door. She tried the handle but it was locked. She raised her fist and knocked.

"I think if I saw the guys right now, I would die-" Crystal began towards Lauren.

The door cracked open revealing Gary who barely had the door open so he could stick his face out to see who it was. His eyes went wide before calmed down. "Ladies!"

"You spoke too soon," Lauren whispered to Crystal before she smiled at Gary. "Hey."

Crystal tried to peek past Gary to see if maybe Wyatt was in there too but before she could see, Gary slammed the door closed.

They both tried to press their ear to the door but they only heard Gary's loud, muffled yelling. The door opened back up quickly causing the girls to jump.

Lauren's cheeks began to burn as Gary poked his head out once more. "Hi," she told him.

With a nervous smile, he greeted back, "Hi."

"Sorry to bug you, Gary," Crystal told him. "We thought there would be some girls in there."

"Aw, no. It's just us dudes."

"Why aren't you enjoying the party?" Lauren asked.

"Gary was just taking a shit!" Wyatt called out from behind the door.