Chapter Five✨Moments of Peace

I don't own anything except any original/own characters and any original plot.

Chapter 5- Moments of Peace

A/n: A few people have been confused about the Steve/Peggy/Reader scene

A/n: A few people have been confused about the Steve/Peggy/Reader scene. The Reader did that because Fury wants her to keep Steve stable and keep them close. Also, because she's alien she doesn't fully understand Earth's boundaries and didn't see why that was wrong. Enjoy!

~*~

"So women back then really weren't accepted wearing pants?" I took a small sip of my drink, flinching slightly when my elbow landed on the table. That would have been a poke in the arm from a fork on my planet.

"Some women insisted on wearing pants, to change the times, but everything was different back then. I'm glad women can do what they do now though, with my mom and Peggy...They showed me that most of the time women are more capable than men."

"You are Atreya's saving grace," I smiled, "On my planet, I was expected to wear formal clothing often. I had leeway, when it came to dresses and pants, but dresses were always more convenient. Pants were saved for training."

"That makes sense," Steve set a few dollar bills down on the table as a tip for our waitress, "And your planet didn't have any wars? No arguments, nothing?"

"When our planet first came to be, there were tribes, villages. They battled for years, killing the majority of the people. One of my ancestors got a vision from Atreya, our version of your God. She told them that fighting was not the answer, that all it did was lead to pain. My ancestor brought together all of the villages and we followed Atreya's words. From that point on, we didn't fight, because it does just cause pain."

I sat behind Steve on his bike as he kickstarted it.

"I agree with that. But why learn to fight, and go to Asgard then Earth to fight when you could stay safe on your planet?"

"I'm not sure," I leaned forward and wrapped my arms around Steve's middle, "My true calling was bringing peace, knowing how to fight was a big part of that for me."

It was silent the rest of the ride back to my apartment. It was usually like that. We had been meeting once a week for lunch ever since the Battle of New York. It was nice, keeping tabs on each other and having something to look forward to. I sometimes met with Nat and Clint, but it was a bit of a chore for Clint to travel from the farm house, and Nat was usually busy with missions.

"Thank you for dropping me off Steve. I have yet to get a Midhardian vehicle- car. I have yet to get a car." I flushed in embarrassment.

Steve gave a dashing smile, "It's alright. Even if you've been on Earth longer, both of us have some things to learn."