Chapter Seventeen✨Logical Wisdom

I don't own anything except any original/own characters and any original plot.

Chapter 17 - Logical Wisdom

I had spent the last week at Kamar-Taj, learning new and intense forms of magic

I had spent the last week at Kamar-Taj, learning new and intense forms of magic. Along with that came 'bonding' with my artifact. I learned what the textbooks didn't tell me, that it was protective and empathic. On top of that, if I ever got frustrated with it, it would be mad back and wouldn't work.

Along with the artifact training came normal magic training. Spells and rituals I had no idea existed were presented to me. The Ancient One guided my astral form through different realms and dimensions. Along with the new positive learning, came learning about the negatives. The sorcerers and sorceresses who used their gift for their own gain, or to cause chaos and pain for others.

The dark side of magic, that I was always told to stay far away from, was a common topic as well. Once I was intensely interested in, maybe it was the Avenger side of me peeking through, but there was more to the Ancient One and her power. I made a note to investigate that.

I had called Steve twice after the first time, making the total three. I missed him, but a larger part of me knew I couldn't cling onto his words and general aura forever if I truly wanted to learn about myself. It was weird, but a bit refreshing to step away from everyone I knew.

"(Y/n), it is a great honor to be able to tell you that you are now a Master of Magic. Congratulations."

Letting out a joyous laugh I jumped up. I was already a Master of Magic back home, but when I learned of how much I didn't know I sort of stripped myself of that title and started from square one.

"Wait. Does that mean I have to return home?" At the realization I became kind of sad. I liked this vacation, and I liked the people i had met at Kamar-Taj. The Ancient One and Mordo and Wong. Kaecilius was alright, more of a trouble maker than I would have liked, but his views were interesting.

Ancient One chuckled, "Have you forgotten so soon? There is a whole nother side to your learning. You've discovered magic, now it is time for you to discover who you are."

"That was really poetic." I mumbled in shock, not knowing what else to say.

"To begin, you shall meditate for the next hour in solitude. Some music, and good luck."

Left alone with only myself and some melodic music seemingly coming out of nowhere, I sat don to meditate.

Not too bad, I thought to myself, Time to think about my identity crisis

Thought flowing with the music, I reflected on everything I had been pushing away. All of that started at the beginning. My planet, my childhood.

I was a royal with no desire for a throne. Varian was my escape from ruling, but there was something more to it. Did I rebel against the status and social norms for attention? My parents, while loving, focused more on Varian than me. I didn't like that, but denied it. No child would want to admit that their parents cared more for one of their siblings than them.