Chapter Fifteen✨Enamored Ignorance

I don't own anything except any original/own characters and any original plot.

Chapter 15 - Enamored Ignorance

When I woke up I felt less numb

When I woke up I felt less numb. My legs were sore, and when I squinted, I could see a few tears and small holes. Most of his blood drawing and other experiments- that I completely blacked out for- must have taken place there. An easy target.

Upon further observation of my surroundings I noticed I wasn't on the operation table anymore. I was behind bars, in a makeshift prison area. Boxes were stacked around me, the lighting dim but present all the same.

"Okay legs," I began to wiggle my toes, then my feet, "Any day now. I need to get out of her."

Over the course of the next few minutes I managed to move up to my hips. With my lower body being relatively okay, I stood, falling over almost immediately.

"Nersh, why did I think that was a good idea?" I asked myself, slowly getting up again, this time, using the wall as my support. It went a lot better that time around.

"(Y/n)! Oh thank God you're alright," Steve sprinted into the room and towards me, hands gripping the bars that seperated us.

"You found me," I whispered in relief, stumbling over to the man I loved.

"Was there ever any doubt?" Steve's lips stretched into a cocky smile. I rolled my eyes, smiling all the same.

"Never. I'm still regaining feeling in my body. What I can feel hurts more than that morning when, well, you know what I'm speaking of. Anyways, can you help me figure out a way to get out of her? Something tells me I should save my energy for the fight."

"Yeah, right," Steve walked along the path of the bars, stopping at the end. He slammed his shield against a large padlock, shattering it almost instantly, "There we go. You good to run?"

"Yeah I think so," I took a few cautionary steps, looping my arms through Steve's just to be safe, "We can't stop saving the world either way. Let's go."

Though running was a bit slow going at first, Steve and I made good time to the city. The other Avengers were already there and escorting the civilians out of the city. Steve pulled a com out of his pocket, handing it to me so I could communicate with the team.

"Chon wurn," I cried out as the entire city began to shake, lifting off of its foundations and into the air, "Stark, what's happening?"

"Ultron is lifting the city with a vibranium core in the center. If this thing drops we're talking thousands dead, the numbers raising as long as we're getting higher," Tony gave the grave report.