Chapter Fourteen✨Blatant Truths

I don't own anything except any original/own characters and any original plot.

Chapter 14 - Blatant Truths

"I'll take Natasha, Clint, and (Y/n)," Steve directed the statement towards Tony

"Alright, strictly recon. I'll join you as soon as I can," Tony stated, his Iron Man armor forming around his body.

"If Ultron is really building a body-"

"He'll become more powerful than any of us. An android designed by a robot," (Y/n) agreed, "Truly devastating to humanity."

"You know, I really miss the days when the weirdest thing science ever created was me," Steve sighed in frustration.

"I'll drop Banner off at the tower," Fury joined the conversation, "Mind if I borrow Ms Hill?"

"She's all yours. What are you gonna do?"

"I don't know. Something dramatic I hope," Fury shrugged casually.

I said goodbye to Laura and the two kids sooner than I would have liked, promising to visit again as soon as I could. I reminded Laura of the name suggestion I had, and she was able to get the baby to kick as we were leaving. After the goodbyes, the Avengers loaded onto the quinjet, taking off to South Korea where Cho's labs was located.

"Doctor Cho!"

The Doctor was propped up against a few of her cupboards, bleeding out from a wound on her stomach Steve knelt down beside her, using some towels that were lying around to stop the blood flow.

"The real power is inside the Cradle. The gem, its power is uncontainable. You can't just blow it up. You have to get the Cradle to Stark."

"Steve go and find Ultron," I lowered myself to my knees, "I can handle this. Stay safe."

Steve nodded at my orders, adjusting his shield on his arm and running off. I moved my hands above Cho's wound, casting a few of the spells that came to my mind that would help her. Healing and magic didn't work well together, there were laws you couldn't break unless you went dark.

"He talked about you," Cho winced, her hand grabbing mine, "He said you were a creature that he wanted. He wants your blood, your genes, he wants part of you in that body, so it can do what you do as well. After he got his body, he was going to come for you. You need to leave."

"I'm not going to leave you here," I insisted, heart racing with anxiety at the new development. I knew Ultron was interested in what I was, but I didn't think he would be willing to kidnap me.

"There's already help coming, you need to go, or he'll be even more powerful. Go!"

I rose to my feet hesitantly, giving Cho one last lookover before I ran out of the compound and onto the street. Raising my hand to the com in my ear, my eyes preened for any signs of Ultron in the sky.