Chapter Twelve✨Hypocrisy

I don't own anything except any original/own characters and any original plot.

Chapter 12 - Hypocrisy

Three days after we came back from the last Hydra mission, Tony was throwing his farewell party for Thor

Three days after we came back from the last Hydra mission, Tony was throwing his farewell party for Thor. The room was full of people, three fourths of which I was sure Thor didn't know. But, the Avengers had become used to Tony's extravagant way of living in the time we had all lived together.

Twirling the pool stick in my hand, I tugged at my dress with the other. If I pulled the dress up, it would show more of my thighs than I was comfortable with. If I pulled the dress down, it would show more cleavage than I was comfortable with. So, being in an awkward middle was the best present option. I knew letting Nat pick what I wore would be a mistake, but she had a better grasp on party fashion than I did.

Leaning down when Sam finished his turn, I took aim and thrust the stick forward, grinning in satisfaction at the results. We had a game similar to pool on Orveon called Rufa. However, instead of just hitting the balls, the aim was to get the stick through the middle of as many as possible.

After finishing the game- Steve, surprisingly, won- the three of us wandered away from the main party area and into a quieter one.

"Sounds like a hell of a fight, sorry I missed it."

"If I had known it was going to be a firefight I absolutely would have called you," Steve assured.

"No, I'm actually not sorry," Sam chuckled, "I was just trying to sound tough. I'm happy chasing cold leads on our missing persons case. Have you had any luck with your contacts (Y/n)?"

"Contacts as in spells I can find in my books?" Sam shrugged, meaning yes, "The ones that I've tried have given me fragments, fleeting images of where he is, but it's nothing to go on. I've been meaning to find better spell books as long as I've been on Earth, with this new free time, I might take the chance."

The three of us entered back into the party through another set of doors. In front of the bar, Thor was explaining the concept of Asgardian liquor to several party guests. Grabbing a glass, I poured myself a generous amount. Humans didn't seem to understand that they had no tolerance for it. Thor, Loki, and I used to sneak some from the kitchens, we were used to it.

"Here," I held out my glass to Steve, "I know you can't get drunk but this might change things."

Steve hesitantly took a sip, his face scrunching up in surprise. After a few seconds, he took another sip, getting used to the taste.

"This was aged for a thousand years, in the barrels built from the wreck of Brunhilde's fleet. It's not meant for mortal men," Thor poured me a glass since I gave mine to Steve.