Mint & Peaches (part 1)

Jungkok scrolled through the songs on his phone and his thumb stopped over DA₩N's 불면증, he clicked on it and closed his eyes, because of the pleasant melody. He was kind of tired and he wished he could go back to his dorm and just sleep. Hanging out with Jimin and Taehyung was always fun, but his new semester had just started days ago and he was already drowning in assignments. Spending the day in Itaewon with his two friends was probably not the smartest idea, but there was a movie he really wanted to watch and of course, Jimin and Taehyung were up for it, but after that they grabbed a meal, then aimlessly walked around the streets and visited some shops. Jungkook loved spending time with the two, but sometimes he envied them.

After all... Taehyung and Jimin were mates, they proudly told everyone that they were actually soulmates. Jungkook had laughed the first time he had heard that, but as he got to know the two a bit better, he could see it... their love for each other was so pure and real, just like Namjoon and Seokjin's.

Jungkook sighed as the other couple crossed his mind, he had promised his cousin to meet him later today, at 7pm to be exact. There was still some time, but Jungkook could really use some sleep, he knew that was out of question though, because Seokjin was going to have his head if he appeared late.

Sometimes his cousin nagged a bit too much and scolded Jungkook for things that he wasn't really doing on purpose, but he loved bickering with the older omega. He often joked that he was the one who raised Seokjin, even though it was quite the opposite. The older had been by his side since forever and often brought up some embarrassing stories from Jungkook's childhood.

Whenever Seokjin was moody, just the mention of his alpha's name was enough to lift up his spirits. Namjoon was a very kind alpha, quite funny and silly as well. He gave long and sometimes boring philosophy speeches on life, but whenever he spoke, Seokjin was always immersed in whatever his mate was saying. And Namjoon... whenever he did as much as glance at Seokjin or talk about him, he looked as if he was ready to give his omega the whole world and that wasn't far from the truth.

Jungkook really wanted a relationship like that. He wanted an alpha that would look at him as if he was the most precious omega in the world, an alpha that would treasure him and love him. Just like Taehyung and Jimin loved each other, just like Seokjin and Namjoon couldn't live without each other.

However, Jungkook was kind of scared of commitment and he often covered up his status – the fact that he was an omega. Suppressants, cologne, having his alpha friends' scents on him, it usually did the trick. 

Usually.

But when he opened his eyes again and looked around, he saw that one man was staring at him.

An alpha.

And by the looks of it, he knew that Jungkook was an omega.

Jungkook could see the desire in his eyes, some alphas could be quite forward and did not try to mask their true intentions, that's why Jungkook was still single, even though he was already 21.

He averted his eyes, this is why he didn't like taking the subway, he felt trapped, but what could he do, it was the fastest way to get from Itaewon to Hanyang.