CHAPTER 3

"Ok, guys. We have bad news and good news." Robert announced,

They had just finished their morning take and were taking a break, as the crew members made preparations for the next take.

Syrian and Akira walked to the front of the group and listened.

"Charles Kenton is no longer investing on the show." Robert announced,

Everyone gasped because if they were not being funded then they would have to cancel the show.

"Well, what's the good news?" Syrian demanded, shushing everyone.

"The good news is that we have a new person to fund us!" Robert exclaimed,

Everyone was silent, glaring at Robert.

He got them all worried for nothing.

"We'll be meeting him tomorrow. I'll die before Desperate Detectives gets cancelled!" Robert announced,

Everyone sighed in relief and went back to work.

~~~~

Next Day.

"So, who do you think he is? The one funding the show." Marissa asked,

They were at in the meeting room waiting to meet the new investor for the show.

"He might be old and wrinkly just looking to hook up with one of us." Syrian shrugged, checking her nails.

"He might be decent." Akira put in, not caring.

"Ok, everyone. The man of the hour is coming now so act professional and be polite." Nolan said as he rushed in and adjusted everything.

Everyone fixed themselves and all Akira did was sit up.

"Good morning, everyone." Robert said, walking in.

Since Akira's back was to the door she couldn't see the person and had to wait until they went to the front of the room.

All Akira knew was that he was tall and was wearing a suit.

"Everyone say hello to our savior- our new investor, Ansel Han." Akira gaped at Ansel as he stood tall beside Robert and Nolan.

He was wearing a dark suit and his hair was messy, looking as if all he did was run his hand through it.

Akira remained shocked in her seat and didn't even hear what Robert said.

"It's nice to meet you all. I can't express enough how much of a big fan I am of the show. It has an amazing plot and I'd do anything to keep this show on the air. Not to mention it has some spectacular actresses." As Ansel spoke, he looked over at Akira and winked.

She quickly looked away, crossing her arms.

The meeting went on for a bit discussing things and that Ansel would be on set more often, but let Robert and Nolan remain in charge.

Akira grumbled to herself as she walked off to her trailer once the meeting was over.

"Akira, wait up." She looked back to see Ansel walking over to her.

She panicked and ran to her trailer. She slammed the door shut and sighed in relief as she turned and fell onto the couch.

The door was pulled open and just as Akira was about to attack Ansel, it turned out to be Marissa.

"Oh, it's you." She sighed and once again relaxed.

"Who did you think it was?" Marissa asked, taking a seat.