CHAPTER 7

Someone was loud as they rudely pounded on the front door, pulling Akira out of her sweet dreams. Akira groaned sitting up. Ansel was lightly snoring, clearly not hearing the crazy person knocking.

"Fucking crazy maniac." Akira grumbled to whoever and got off the bed.

She pulled on a robe and walked out the room.

She opened the door to reveal the crazy maniac was her father.

"D-Dad." Akira stuttered, staring at him in shock.

"Hey, darling. Don't you look good!" Dean said and pulled her into a hug.

"What are you doing here?" She asked,

She let him in and was going to close the door when someone cleared their throat. A woman was along with him and she smiled brightly at Akira.

"Akira, darling. This is Cordelia, the love of my life!" Her dad said, smiling brightly a he pulled 'the love of his life' into the house.

"Oh?... wow." She mumbled shocked as she closed the door.

"W-What are you doing here dad... with the love of your life?" She asked almost in a daze.

"I told you I would be in here in a few days." Dean said,

"Oh right. I forgot." Akira mumbled,

They all sat down in the living room until Akira realized she was only in her robe.

"I-I'm going to go change real quick so please sit tight... and don't move." She said, laughing nervously.

She left them in the living room and rushed into the room. When she entered, she found Ansel's back facing her. She had a marvelous view of his ass. It was so juicy and she just wanted to sink her nails into them.

Akira quickly shook the thoughts away.

"It's my dad! He's here and he brought Cordelia 'the love of his life'." Akira said,

Ansel turned around and raised an eyebrow.

"You don't sound too happy." He mumbled,

"I forgot he was coming and I'm not sure if I'm ready for him to meet you and what is this about him saying that that woman is the love of his life? It's ridiculous!" She sputtered in disbelief, throwing her arms in the air and dropping down the bed.

Ansel moved to sit beside her and wrapped his arm around her shoulder.

"Relax, darling. You're obviously shocked at him bringing a woman and that's normal. I'm here right beside you and I actually want to meet your dad." Ansel said,

Akira smiled softly and leaned into him, feeling better.

"I'm just... I'm not quite sure how to react to this. When I lived with my dad, it was no surprise for him bring a woman, but she was never permanent. After my mom left when I was a baby, I've had a bunch of temporary moms who magically appeared at the breakfast table every other week. The word 'mom' lost its full meaning to me." Akira groaned,

Ansel held her for a few minutes until she was done letting everything out and got up.

"Promise to stay by my side the entire time?" She asked, looking at him.

Ansel grinned, getting up.

"I promise." He said, kissing her softly.

They quickly got dressed and when they stepped outside her dad and Cordelia weren't sitting in the living room.

She looked around and found them rummaging through her newly packed fridge.

"Really dad?" Akira groaned,

They pulled away with a glass of wine and some cheese.

"Sorry, planes and food do not mix for me." Her dad chuckled,

"And I would feel bad eating when he couldn't." Cordelia added as they came back to the living room.

"Oh, hello." Dean said finally noticing Ansel.

"Dad, this is Ansel." Akira mumbled, gesturing to Ansel.

"Good morning, sir. I'm your daughters' boyfriend." Ansel said, making Akira's head snap up towards him.

"Ah, well she didn't mention a boyfriend." Dean stated, looking at her.

"Well, you didn't mention a 'love of your life' either." Akira shot back,

It was silent and they all took a seat.

"W-Well, it's nice to meet you, Ansel. I'm Cordelia and... oh! Can I tell them honey?" Cordelia anxiously said,

Dean laughed and nodded his head.

"Akira's future step-mother!" Cordelia confessed and Akira forgot to breathe.

Everything was suddenly placed on mute and she could only stare dumbly at them.

Ansel said something to them and they continued to talk.

"... It's late. I-I need to get to work." Akira found herself mumbling as she got up.

"You can't call in a day off?" Her dad asked and she shook her head.

"Well, that means so do I. We'll be back in the afternoon." Ansel said as he got up as well.

She grabbed her purse and said goodbye before running out the door. Ansel stood quietly beside her as they rode the elevator down.

Akira remained quiet throughout the entire ride. They pulled up to the set and she was going to step out when, Ansel grabbed her wrist.

"What's wrong, baby?" Ansel asked worriedly,

Akira sighed and leaned back in the seat for a moment.

"Do... Do you mind if I freak out for a moment?" She asked and he shook his head.

There was silence before she finally let it all out.

"Fucking step-mother! What the fuck? Like did he even consider telling me about this or even asking me how I felt about the fucking plan? Yes, I'm an adult, but shit! It's a bit too late for him to find me some fucking mother! He hasn't called me in so long and now that's it's close to my birthday he decides to reveal her like it's nothing! I hate it! I hate him! I hate her!" She screamed and top of her lungs, punching the board of the car.

Ansel immediately grabbed her face and made her look at him. He held her gaze with a serious one, trying to calm her done.

"Akira, relax. This isn't good for you. I understand you're stressed, but you have to cool down. Yes, your dad has upset you, but you're big now and not a child. I'm here for you, but I will also talk to you about what's right." He firmly said,

She was silent and for a moment he thought she would just get angrier until first the first time ever, he saw tears brimming at her eyes.

"I'm sorry." She whimpered as she started to cry.

Ansel loosened his grip and pulled her into a hug. She clung to him as she sobbed onto his shoulder.

"It's ok, love." He mumbled into her ear as he rubbed her back.

She finally stopped crying and pulled back. Ansel handed her a tissue and she dried her face.

"Well... that made me feel better." She giggled, glancing over at him.

He smiled at her and once she composed herself, she got out the car. Ansel was at her side in seconds and Akira felt proud to have a man like Ansel beside her as they walked in.