CHAPTER 15

Life was peaceful. For the first time her stressful and unlucky life, Alex felt as though she could now fully appreciate everything life had to offer. She no longer had to worry about where she was going to sleep or who was going to betray her.

It was quite the opposite now. She smiled to herself as she strolled down the grocer aisles. She was getting some ingredients for tonight's dinner and she felt really excited because they were going to have a dinner part where Akira's friends and parents were coming over. Alex didn't exactly have friends yet, but she did know them and felt comfortable enough to mingle and chat with them.

Grabbing some finger foods, she turned to other aisle when she bumped into someone.

"Sorry, I didn't-" Her words died off on her lips as she looked up to see someone who she thought she would never see ever again.

"Alex." Her ex-boyfriend Simon sighed, smiling at her.

"Babe, I've been looking all over for you!" He exclaimed, pulling her into a hug.

"I was so worried about you and scared something may have happened to you." Alex was shock as she pulled away from the hug to look at hm.

For a drug dealer, he looked pretty clean and healthy. His dark hair looked clean and was combed back and his clothes didn't have weird spots and didn't smell.

"You look... well." She mumbled,

"Yeah, I've been working hard to move up the ranks and I'm finally in charge of my own territory! You can come back with me and we'll be together!" He exclaimed, grasping her hands.

"I don't think so! I won't ever go back with you. I'm finally happy and I won't let you ruin my life like you did back then!" Alex firmly stated, glaring firmly at him.

"Babe, what are you talking about? We love each other. Are you upset because I left you at that house? I promise you that I was going to go back for you!" He said, shaking his head.

Alex remained firm with herself and him. Her life was finally back on track and she had people that she cared for and she wasn't going to let herself fall back into that horrible lifestyle. Akira has given her so much and she wasn't going to betray her by listening to this jerk.

"Leave me alone, Simon. I will never go back with you." She spat at him angrily and moved aside to get away from him.

Simon let out a deep breath, letting the façade fall.

"So, you think now that you live in some big fancy apartment and friends with a celebrity you're better than me? That you don't need me? You must have forgotten all those nights you begged me to never leave your side and how you couldn't live without me. You wouldn't even be alive if it wasn't for me." He growled, gripping her arm and pulled her away from nosy eyes.

"Yes, Simon. I actually do remember those nights, very vividly in fact. Those nights were I was controlled by fear and the need for your love and protection, but in the end you left me anyway all on my own to fend for myself and take responsibility for your problems. I've grown to realize that you were the problem. That you were the venom slowly killing me and taking all that I could give." She replied already knowing that he was just acting at first. That this in fact was his true colors.

"Alexandra, I own you. All that money I spent on you. That abortion wasn't cheap." He snapped, getting frustrated,

"I never wanted the abortion! You were the one that said it would be cheaper to have an abortion than have to take care of some baby!" Alex cried out unable to keep her emotions under wraps.

They got more stares so Alex lowered her voice.

"Well, you need to give some money." Simon demanded,